2017 Pearl Guide Ruckus People and their pearls

Close, but I'm not in that photo. I think I must have just left, and CathyKeshi is giving the pearls a go. (I had to look twice as well, but the fact that I don't wear a watch on my left wrist is the clincher.)

DOH! Sorry Red. I remember you sitting there, and the photo was a little dark. Thanks for setting the record straight. I never saw you swap seats with CathyKeshi. I was too busy buying my loot from Sarah. I don't even remember Octavia sitting on all the Renee Newman books, like the queen of mollusks that she is.

Octavia certainly enjoys being the center of attention, especially after a few margaritas! :) I hope she's being a good houseguest for Auntie Pattye. Lock the liquor cabinet!

Red, Although she had changed pearls after her presentation. My phone ran out of juice and was charging during that, Drats!!!! I did get her photo wearing her Sea of Cortez pendant and beautiful stands of keshi and fireballs.

93.jpg
94.jpg

Jeremy, He had on his little h Tahitian reversible pendant. One side filled with black diamonds the other white diamonds. I am sorry this is such a poor shot of this necklace.
96.jpg
97.jpg

You both look great in your pearls!!! But the men really did look wonderful draped in pearls.

So many pearls. So little time. Thanks for all the documentation that you did, lilliefuzzysocks. I also have on my Kasumi bracelet from Sarah. I pointed it out to Sarah when I was wearing it, and she said, "Oh, I noticed." Ha!

Today is Celeste and Sarah. Celeste was modeling the Kamoka pearls White Tahitian strand shown during her husband Josh Humbert's talk. It was beautiful. Please forgive my shots. They are not the best.
99.jpg
100.jpg
106.jpg

Last edited:
These are Sea of Cortez mabe, They are for sale at Kojima Pearls. So beautiful.
104.jpg
105.jpg

Last edited:
This is Hisano's award winning necklace from her little h line. Her friend Michelle brought it to the ruckus so we could all see it in person. I am so happy she did, it's extraordinary.
110.jpg
111.jpg

This is Elaine, She selected one of the Sea of Cortez pendants Sarah had created for the ruckus. I will show you her's , unfortunately the photo of the other two was fuzzy, I hope someone else got a good one to share.. I thought Elaine's looked like Carmen Miranda from a 1940's movie....
112.jpg
113.jpg

Last edited:
Elaine was wearing her Tahitians in this shot. Love these. We got a chance to look at her collection, but that is later....
114.jpg
115.jpg
116.jpg

This is Elaine, She selected one of the Sea of Cortez pendants Sarah had created for the ruckus. I will show you her's , unfortunately the photo of the other two was fuzzy, I hope someone else got a good one to share.. I thought Elaine's looked like Carmen Miranda from a 1940's movie....
View attachment 54124
View attachment 54125

What about the strand? Are those sea of Cortez as well? I love the color!

What a fantastic use of orbit clasps on that Tahitian tin cup! Of course the other pieces she wears are lovely too.

ETA: In looking at all the lovely ladies (and gents) in their pearls, it strikes me that this thread is the PERFECT example of how to wear your pearls for a casual lifestyle. You have all styled your gems in such wonderful ways...not fussy or formal at all...just chic, elegant, and FUN!!!

Back