11.5mm Chocolate Freshwater Necklace

I hope you win it, Raison - we want you to take some photos with your new camera!!

Oh, this is fun, Terry! I'll guess $635.

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

I guess I will go for an even $500, even if they are dyed, I am thining for the size and the gold clasp it can'T be much lower. They are lovely.

$285. I have some not quite so perfect and not quite so chocolate which are 11-12 and very yummy. Indeed funnily enough I just sold a strand of chocolates to a woman who fell instantly in love with them as she walked past my stall (I am at the Manchester Garden Market purveying pearls for the next couple of weeks

Terry,

by now already more than 20 different people have given their guesses and long before thursday - so now we just wait to hear what the strand will cost....

The pearls were originally graded (by the factory) as 11-12mm AAA quality chocolate pearls. Being as picky as I am, we'll be re-grading them as 10.5 to 11.5mm AA+/AAA quality (better than AA+ but not quite what I'd consider AAA). They are near round to round with very good luster and excellent color. Blemishing is light to none.

So, here are the stats on the guesses:

High: $1700
Low: $275
Avg: $670.04
Median: $525

Those were all great guesses. $1700 was definitely not too high though it was near the top end of the spectrum. $275 was a bit overly optimistic for this size and quality, and perhaps wishful thinking.

I did get these 11 strands at an incredible price though. So, Phantompep, the strand in the photo is yours! (PM me your address) We'll have 10 of these on the sale for $480. (along with five 10-11mm black necklaces, and five 11-12mm white FW necklaces)

Terry - that was great fun, and very generous of you! Well done Phantompep!

Thanks for the entertainment!

Back