Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this stamp on pearl necklace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this stamp on pearl necklace?

I've recently inherited a lovely pearl necklace as part of an estate and would like to know more about its age and origin. The clasp is stamped with "14K 585" along with a symbol I don't recognize. Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated!
    Attached Files

It is the trademark for the clasp manufacturer. It will not tell much by itself.

Comment

I would love to see a shot of the pearls!
      http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
      Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

Originally posted by GemGeek View Post
        It is the trademark for the clasp manufacturer. It will not tell much by itself.
        Oh that's too bad! I guess I can still enjoy the pearls. Here are a couple of shots of the necklace...they're a soft champagne color; a few blemishes but really nice luster (in my opinion anyway )

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	362002

Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	362003

Comment

Very nice pearls!

Comment

Originally posted by GemGeek View Post
            Very nice pearls!
            They are very pretty . Is there any way to tell if these are freshwater or saltwater pearls? natural or cultured?

Comment

Jeanne,

Pearls as round as yours are cultured; they have a mother of pearl bead inside. Most likely akoya (saltwater) pearls, as freshwater pearls are not usually that round and smooth, though some are now being nucleated with a bead.

What size are your pearls? About 8mm? As the others have mentioned, they have excellent luster and the perfect size to wear often.
              Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

Originally posted by pattye View Post
                Jeanne,

Pearls as round as yours are cultured; they have a mother of pearl bead inside. Most likely akoya (saltwater) pearls, as freshwater pearls are not usually that round and smooth, though some are now being nucleated with a bead.

What size are your pearls? About 8mm? As the others have mentioned, they have excellent luster and the perfect size to wear often.
                They're about 7.5mm.

Comment

They are lovely! And the stringing looks relatively new. Wear them and enjoy them!
                  http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                  Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

Working...
                  X