Venturing into eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venturing into eBay

Ok, I admit that I decided to try my hand at buying pearls on eBay. How did I do on my first attempt?

14mm by 11m by 11mm
    Slight pink overtones that the photos don't show well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9311.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	410798

Name:	IMG_9310.jpg
ID:	410799

Name:	IMG_9310.jpg
ID:	410799
    Contemporary Jewelry by Beatriz Fortes
    My blog

It looks OK. How do you feel about the quality vs. the price you paid? How do you feel about the seller? Professional or not?

Comment

I paid $15 for it and it is a nice size, so not too bad. The seller's photo showed it in the best possible light, of course, but I expected that. The transaction went smoothly, so no complaints there either.

I would say it was fun but not something I would do for expensive pearls.
      My blog

Comment

What are your plans for the pearl?

Comment

Seems an ok price. Bead nucleated fw? Drilled?
          Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

I am thinking a ring, since it isn't round and won't be too tall (I hate very tall rings). Alternatively, it will become a pendant.

Pattye, it was sold as SS but yeah, right. It is bead nucleated and undrilled.
            My blog

Comment

It's pretty! As long as you don't have unrealistic expectations, eBay can be a good place to find things.

Comment

Who was the seller? Are you saying you don't think it is SS, Beatriz? It's a lovely shape.

Comment

I think for $15.00 you had a bit of fun, and got a pretty, puffy cloud of a pearl ... and you will likely make something wonderful out of it ... win win win
                  Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Well I think it's pretty and the price is ok.. and I know you will find something wonderful to do with it ! Just curious .. you try making an offer if that was an option? I've found that an offer of 30% - 25% less than list is often accepted. My other things from Pearllunar arrived..one more pair of the 11mm white buttons..and they are nice...not at all unhappy for 24$.
                    https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                    https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

Pretty, puffy cloud is a nice description. And, perhaps, a good design starting point.

This one was an auction. I bid a little over $15 since that was the general closing bids on similar pearls. It was from Augustus Collection. The photo was pretty accurate, although it didn't show the pinkish overtones well. I guess I just don't trust eBay descriptions much - "unheated sapphire", "untreated ruby", etc. I was probably hasty in my comment and I should have left it out, since I am no expert and it is a serious accusation.
                      My blog

Comment

I've admired many a piece on Augustus Collection! There's a strand of mixed color SS keshi they've had for sale for nearly 2 years now ... one of these days, maybe ... Hope you'll show us what you make with your puffy pearly cloud, Beatriz
                        Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

I saw those! Droooool.

I have so many things on my wish list. I should really stop window shopping online.
                          My blog

Comment

Window shopping is dangerous ... especially if you happen to be in the PP vault LOL.

Augustus Collection has had a number of those strands, but there's one I just adore ... and it's been there forever, sigh ...
                            Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Beatriz, have you been to the Eastern Trade Winds website? I believe it's a "wholesale" or alternate site for Augustus Collection? Some of the same products, but not all. I've never bought from either.
                              Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Working...
                              X