No announcement yet.

Gemandpearlover's Lowly Beading Adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gemandpearlover, I enjoyed catching up on your projects! Those white gum drops are so fun, and I love all your double strand creations.

Comment

• Thank you Incik, Charlotta and Jeg.

Today I have a new metallic all nacre FW strand to show you. The pearls are 9 to 10.5 mm. This is probably going to be one of my favorite strands. These are from Wen and I picked most of the pearls from the earring pairs that she sells. These pearls have almost perfect surfaces and I am very happy with the quality.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5102.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	392643

Name:	IMG_5099.jpg
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	392644

Name:	IMG_5095.jpg
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	392645

Comment

• Last of today's beading- a vintage akoya strand strung with tiny pearls in between. It's very hard to describe the color of the baroque pearls. A silver, bluish, greenish, pinkish strand depending on the light. I haven't tried to polish the clasp because I fear that I will damage that little tiny pearl.

Name:	IMG_5145.jpg
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	392647

Comment

• Those strands are gorgeous. Apparantly you do get nice strands if you use pairs or loose pearls, I have to try that some time.

Comment

• Wow, that metallic strand is spectacular! It never occurred to me to create a necklace from matched pairs - food for thought! I'm looking forward to seeing a "neck shot" of this one. :-) I'm dying to do some beading; I placed my first order with Wen over 3 weeks ago before everything really went haywire, and it's been stuck "preparing for shipment" every since. :-( So I'm living vicariously through the forum at the moment!

Comment

• A most lovely metallic necklace Gemanandpearlover!!!! Very pretty akoyas as well, can I ask what are the little pearls in between? How big are they, are they by chance from Wen too? I have been looking for something like them for a project...Thank you!

Comment

• Thank you Charlotta, Incik and Eolian.

Originally posted by eolian pearls View Post
                A most lovely metallic necklace Gemanandpearlover!!!! Very pretty akoyas as well, can I ask what are the little pearls in between? How big are they, are they by chance from Wen too? I have been looking for something like them for a project...Thank you!
                Those are from Wen. Tiny FW 3.5-4mm grey button pearls.

Name:	il_794xN.1977899762_oeli.jpg
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	392682

Comment

• Large lovely bead nucleated pearls today from Etsy seller Northwest Designs. I had been on the fence about purchasing from her because her prices seemed a little too good to be true, but I am thrilled with the pearls she sent me. This strand is a baroque strand with pearls from 11-14 mm. I asked her to send me the pearl strand so I could string them myself and peak down the drill holes. I used Beader's Secret pink thread and finished it with a simple sterling clasp. I love how these pearls change color depending on the light.

Outdoor light:

Name:	IMG_5210.jpg
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	392706

Low indoor light:

Name:	IMG_5192.jpg
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	392707

Comment

• Dull pearls. I had this strand of not quite pink, not quite peach pearls that was so lackluster in color. I added 4mm pink button pearls to it and now I think it looks quite nice when layered with other pearls. More delicate in color now than drab.

Name:	IMG_5235.jpg
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	392709

I am wearing it with a new 10-12 mm multi-color FW necklace that I also got from NorthWest Designs.

Name:	IMG_5231.jpg
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	392710

Comment

• Wow, you really have an eye to find the best deals there are Gemandpearlover!!! Lovely pearls as always!

Comment

• That vintage akoya strand!!! Looks great with the little grey freshies.
                        I have also avoided northwest pearls as the price seems too low, but those are really lovely. Nice handiwork on the stringing.

Comment

• Thank you eolian and Sydk!

Forgive my subpar Iphone pics. Today I have natural color white/grey pearls and white ripple pearls to show you. The round strand looks white when worn but has some cute pearls with that dripping candle wax nacre that I see in saltwater pearls. Even has a bonus striped pearl that looks white unless you look at it very closely. Round pearls are 8.5 to 9mm and ripple pearls are 11-13mm.

Name:	IMG_5359.jpg
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	392897

Striped pearl:

Name:	IMG_5356.jpg
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	392898

Name:	IMG_5424.jpg
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	392899

Sun peaking out through the window and touching the pearls.

Name:	IMG_5425.jpg
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	392900

Layered together

Name:	IMG_5444.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	392901
                          Last edited by Gemandpearlover; 04-14-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• These all turned out nicely.

Comment

• So pretty.

Comment

• Thank you BWeaves and Charlotta!

Here are two more FW lavender necklaces. The potato pearls are strung with white keshi pearls. I like the cool tones of aquamarine in the pearls on this strand.

Name:	IMG_5547.jpg
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	392913

Comment

Working...
                                X