Tahitian strand stringing adventure ahead! Would love input!

I haven't really looked to see what forms silicone lube comes in. I'm still on my first spray can of it. I don't use very much at one time, so it's lasted me years. I think my husband would prefer it if it came in a tube. Less lube in the air. It would make it easier to get where I want it, too.

OK, I googled it. If you get it from a car place, it does come in a tube. If you just google silicone lube, you get kinky stuff. Be warned.

Oh, B! Let me catch my breath! You guys have been cracking me up! Um, thank you so much for ‘breasting the wave’, so to speak, takin’ one for the team, erm, giving me a heads-up...oh, this is awful (roflmao)...

Yes, Ma’am (settling down) (smothered laughter).

Well, THIS thread took a turn, hahaha!

I’m learning to do loops properly so I can make this strand up as a bracelet by wire wrapping. Does that count as beading in the sense of the forum? I found a tutorial that I like a lot. The first few attempts were terrible, but that’s how it goes with learning. Today I’m doing much better with my wraps. Thanks for looking!

E45677E3-26C6-42F3-B00A-EDD4AD38035E.jpg

0EA3AEBF-B039-4DA7-985B-307E503D7EBA.jpg

8133E4E9-4DA1-4A33-B24B-401CC8D0DE75.jpg

Thank you, Lady_Disdain! That one with the tail was not quite finished— I wanted to photograph them while we still had a little sun! Will definitely trim it.

I’ve marked my round nose pliers to help me make smaller loops on these in future. I’m redoing them on sterling wire once I get better at making the components. I’ve learned the hard way not to use good wire when I’m trying to learn a new skill.

Thanks again for inspecting!

Y'all's feedback is always useful. I'm thrilled that I found a tutorial that helped me finally understand a good, secure wrap, and that I can reliably produce mostly-symmetrical bead wraps.

One of my ambitions is to make my own station/tin cup jewelry, so making decent wraps at last is exciting for me. Optimistically ordered 24 gauge sterling wire today.

Always grateful for your advice and support!

@multichrome: that looks good, your thread is really helpful. I am learning how to wrap properly as well.
Can anyone please give me a link for tutorials? I have some similar project in mind :)

Also, thysa, I finally got better at working wire when I got good pliers: chain nose pliers, round nose pliers, and flat nose pliers. (Also I got a cutter with fine narrow tips, what people call “nippers.”) My flat nose pliers have nylon tips, which helps me not to scratch things. Before I got good tools I didn’t have much success. I acquired most of them at a discount with coupons! I hope you have fun learning and get good results!

Pattye, thank you for this. link. It looks great. Can’t wait to browse the classes.

Hi Thysa,

I like the classes offered on Beaducation.com. The gals really know their stuff, are thorough with a wide variety of free classes. Here's one basic for wire wrapping

As with pearl knotting, there isn't just one way to make a wire wrap, through practice we find the technique and tools that work best for us.

Occasionally I do some stamping, which is how I found Beaducation.com.

I'm always looking for tips to make wire wrapping as easy as possible; will check out the video you recommended, Multichrome, thank you!

p.s. Watched the video of Jamie at The Bead Gallery, a very good presentation! Thanks again!

Last edited:
I completed my bracelet yesterday! I found some 22 gauge Argentium silver wire in my wire stash, redid the wraps I had done before, and wrapped the rest of the pearls in that set. Then I joined the components with 4mm 18 gauge silver plated jump rings. Finished with a sterling orbit clasp. When I am more awake I’ll do a wrist shot. I did not need all 11 pearls—eight gave me the length I wanted. Very pleased—I never could make loops consistently before, especially the part where the second loop needs to look like the first!

Pattye, I’m glad you liked Jamie’s tutorial. There are different ways of doing things, and we all learn differently, too! Somehow his style of teaching worked for me. He is so calm and he seems to love his work. They have quite a few tutorial videos.

The bracelet isn’t perfect, but I like my (sloppy) swirly wraps—they mirror the rings in the pearls. Happy accident.

Thanks for reading and looking! I believe I will soon create a “Cece’s Beading Adventures” thread for future experiments! Have a great day!

738765EE-72AC-467F-8C91-520AD9969D84.jpg

92556FCC-0BF7-4875-B985-BBE6410620F3.jpg

9AB463C5-648C-4229-BC9E-0287DEE6BBA1.jpg

Last edited:
Also: BWeaves, these arrived yesterday! :cool:

More adventures soon!

4A8840CC-50A6-405F-9363-E038CE46D979.jpeg

730E0EC4-AAD1-4C1F-992E-E46EF36C7F9E.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you, Pearl Dreams! I believe I have fixed post #38 so the attachments can be seen. I couldn’t see them either.

Back