No announcement yet.

Gemandpearlover's Lowly Beading Adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More beauties; what a great collection and now we have more time to play in our pearls, which are a great distraction!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• The purple strand is an exceptional colour, and the mix of organic shapes in the strand with aquamarine overtones is very pleasing.

Comment

• OOOO, pretty. I like all of them.

Comment

• Your strands are so beautifully done. They are really cheering me up. Iím grateful for time to look at your wonderful photos.

Comment

• Thank you so much Pattye, Sydk, BWeaves and Multichrome. It really makes me feel so good that all of you are so nice to take the time to post such nice things and share in my excitement of pearls. You guys are the best!

Recently I bought 4 strands of small 6- 8mm baroque bead nucleated pearls from Wen. I am going to be honest- I was mostly curious. I thought I could make a light, pastel three strand necklace for summer if the pearls were nice enough. They were super cheap- about $8 a strand. I think they are cute. I ended up making a double strand and a single strand to wear together. One pearl had a small hole in it so I smashed it to see how thick the nacre was. It is actually pretty thick for such a small pearl.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5620.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	392927

Name:	IMG_5615.jpg
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	392928

Comment

• Oh, wow, that pearl smash is fascinating! And I love the coppery/bronze-y baroques.

Comment

• That smash photo is excellent, thanks for sharing!
                The pearls look quite coppery in that photo - were they darker than you expected?

Comment

• Originally posted by SydK View Post
                  That smash photo is excellent, thanks for sharing!
                  The pearls look quite coppery in that photo - were they darker than you expected?
                  Indoors they are more coppery- outdoors they are more peach/orange. I would say they are about what I expected- maybe the luster a touch better.

Outdoor light:

Name:	IMG_5632.jpg
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	392930

Comment

• Wow, I would have thought those were not bead nucleated based on the very baroque shapes. The pearl smash was quite enlightening. You definitely got your money's worth. They look great.

Comment

• A bargain! And interesting colors and shapes to add to your freshwater collection.

Comment

• So many beautiful creations. The nacre is really thick on that smashed pearl.

Comment

• Oh, those are nice colors that will match a lot of things. And how cool about the smashed pearl! Gotta love how neat pearls are!

Comment

• Yay for pearl smashing!!
                            Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• Oh, God. I hate the smashing, love to examine the insides.

Comment

• So after my Edison purple pearl binge I am back to basics- all nacre FW pearls. Some Etsy sellers are saying that all nacre pearls are very much in decline as Chinese pearl farms have switched to bead nucleated FW pearls. They claim all nacre pearls are going to be very hard to purchase in the future. I wonder if this is true.

A few days ago I reworked a pre-loved Catherine Cardellini strand. I loved the pearls and how she had originally placed them so I just added 5 pearls on each clasp side to make it longer.

Then I combined two Ebay pearl strands to make an 18 inch necklace to compliment the Catherine strand. The luster on both strands is very good with some metallic pearls in the mix.

Name:	IMG_6329.jpg
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	393311

Name:	IMG_6320.jpg
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	393312

Name:	IMG_6297.jpg