No announcement yet.

Budget for a WSS necklace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ladies, I wish They are stuck in FedEx customs clearance limbo. Have been in Memphis for over 48 hours now. Yesterday i called all day, started a trace through the FedEx international department, but no result at all. Three different agents have sent emails to customs but zero response. I wonder if there is anything else they can do but send emails, but so far have not figured it out. Will be seeing what google has to say about similar situations, and trying to get this package found and moving. I'm guessing I won't have it till next week, if it is ever found. Thank you for checking in about it! If anyone has any advice on dealing with FedEx customs / tracing process, I'm alllll ears.

Comment

FedEx has their hub in Memphis. That facility is huge. Hope you find something out soon.

Comment

The package may have been randomly selected to be inspected. And since it doesn't contain contraband, it should just be sent on to you, resealed. Sorry you have to wait for it!

Comment

Thanks lilliefuzzysocks and Pearl Dreams. I am a little worried that the package has had absolutely no updates since 2am on Wednesday -- no notes from customs, no scans, etc. But at the same time, looks like there is nothing else to do but wait. I've already pinged the FedEx International department enough times that four people were sending messages to customs and trying to get updates. I don't want to go from "squeaky wheel gets the grease" to "annoying squeaky wheel gets ignored" territory, lol. I am sure I will not get the package before the long weekend. Hopefully next week, in time for my birthday on the 8th

Comment

I'm guessing they just don't take the time reply to inquiries. They must get scads of inquiries-- think about how many packages get delayed there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
              I'm guessing they just don't take the time reply to inquiries. They must get scads of inquiries-- think about how many packages get delayed there.
              You are probably right. I just wish a FedEx agent would say the same to me! Just something like "Unfortunately, this is totally normal and happens periodically. When something like this happens, the wait can be between X and XXX number of days. We see this regularly, don't worry." Because in my mind, the package has fallen off some conveyor belt and my precious pearls are gathering dust and it's all very tragic, lol. Just knowing that it's normal would be reassuring. But I guess FedEx employees aren't instructed to say this.

Comment

I get it, but taking time to reply to probably hundreds of inquiries every day would delay the packages even more. It's probably more efficient to just carry on screening packages.

Comment

I've had overseas shipments delayed at customs anywhere from a week to several weeks, but it was always just a waiting game (as they say: patience is a virtue, albeit not an easily gotten one).
                  Check out my jewelry here

Comment

Pearl Dreams you are absolutely right.

MSC Thanks for mentioning this! It greatly helps to set my expectations. Maybe I'll reach a zen point where I'll only refresh the tracking page once a day, instead of once every five minutes :-P Seriously, just setting up proper expectations helps a lot with having patience. One FedEx rep who told me "from experience" that my package will likely "clear tonight and be delivered tomorrow" did not help.

Comment

This happened to me with a package from Ireland once, I was getting really worried about it just sort of falling off the grid at customs when suddenly it was on the move again!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonSprinkles View Post
                        This happened to me with a package from Ireland once, I was getting really worried about it just sort of falling off the grid at customs when suddenly it was on the move again!
                        Thanks for mentioning! You guys have lifted my spirits. Now I'll just wait

Comment

We're all on "pins and needles" with you, gemfever!
                          Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

Originally posted by pattye View Post
                            We're all on "pins and needles" with you, gemfever!
                            Thanks Pattye! I did get the package from you with no delay, thank you! Can't wait to get to work with it!

Comment

Normally package show up sooner or later. I order a lot online, avoiding fedex though, and maybe one package got lost over many years. Ones I had to wait for the swedish custom for 3 months. Its not fun waiting though. Hopefully you have them next week

Comment

Originally posted by gemfever View Post
                                Pearl Dreams you are absolutely right.

MSC Thanks for mentioning this! It greatly helps to set my expectations. Maybe I'll reach a zen point where I'll only refresh the tracking page once a day, instead of once every five minutes :-P Seriously, just setting up proper expectations helps a lot with having patience. One FedEx rep who told me "from experience" that my package will likely "clear tonight and be delivered tomorrow" did not help.
                                Yes! Exactly this. I hit the impatient mark when it's been 6 weeks and still sitting in customs. I've only have a couple of packages sit in customs for longer than 8 weeks and both were from India. Oh man, that rep should have never peeped a word! In my profession, that's called "giving opinion," which is never looked on as a good thing.
                                Check out my jewelry here

Comment

Working...
                                X