Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katbran
    replied
    I missed the end of this thread... great job wire wrapping on DH part ! Very Very tidy wraps... i think working with real gold makes people extra careful ! You should have an open jump ring for the clasp. Next time get a closed ring and then you can wire wrap onto it ..extra secure.

Leave a comment:

• morella
    replied
    I don't think I've ever seen such tight wire-wrapping. Absolutely love it! I wish there was a video of the making-of. I want to learn doing this too!

Leave a comment:

• Charlotta
    replied
    The necklace is beautiful, great wirewrapping. That extender is genius

Leave a comment:

• amti
    replied
    Looks like your husband has a new talent! He did a great job wire wrapping because the necklace looks beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• Purranha
    replied
    Wowza that is some super tight wire-wrapping!!!

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    Sea Urchin,

What a splendid necklace and a big plus for thinking of the extender! How awesome that your hubs can wire wrap! (Keep him practicing, lol!)

Leave a comment:

• JerseyPearl
    replied
    Fabulous job! Why not take those extras and make a second extension that can be added to the first (think bracelet)?

Leave a comment:

• Narcissa
    replied
    Love the wire-wrap look & love the extender! Congrats on your great new necklace and the accomplishment of making it.
    Elizabeth

Leave a comment:

• Sea Urchin
    replied
    Thanks everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Parrot Lady
    replied
    Oh, well done! I love the idea of the extender.

Leave a comment:

• GemGeek
    replied
    I love that you both were involved. It looks great!
    I tried to use split rings (like the ring on a key chain) and they were too small. I gave up and set them aside. If I had three hands, it would have been easier. You have a partner to help you with the third hand!

Leave a comment:

• BWeaves
    replied
    Looks great. Love the extender, too. Very versatile.

Leave a comment:

• MSC
    replied
    Very nice, Seaurchin! I love the extender idea as well. All you need is a pair of earrings to go with

Leave a comment:

• 86Corvettegirl
    replied
    This is a fantastic look. Love the 2 different lengths with the extender!

Leave a comment:

• Sea Urchin
    replied
    Oops, just checked my Rio Grande invoice and I did buy split rings, 3.5mm, yellow gold. Thanks for the heads up, PD.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X