Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

The Swan loves to come out on hot days. It's a no sweat pearl. The Swan pearl from Pacific Pearls. Made into a pendant by Okidanokh jewelers. Dyed drops from Kojima on my own diamond hoop earrings.

IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg
IMG_1610.jpeg

I love the color and orient on The Swan! Beautiful.
I agree! And the dyed pearls have such good work on them, subtle...they make an excellent match for the pendant.

Blue baroque akoyas. The opera length necklace of intensely blue akoyas is from Pearl Paradise. The shorter strand is from Pearls of Joy. The Spring Rain pendant is from Kojima. And the black and white Tahitian studs are from Kamoka. I was going to wear my choker of Vietnamese blue baroque akoyas, too, but it's just too hot to have all that around my neck. The sunlight is washing out the pearl color, even in the shade through filtered light.

IMG_1612.jpeg
IMG_1613.jpeg

Yes, those blues really are that soap bubbly. And some of them really are that intense teal color.

I also love the purple halo around the eggplant colored stud.

IMG_1614.jpeg

And just to complete the blue ocean theme, here's a Sprang bag I just made with a mermaid on it. I've put a couple of matching drawstrings through the top holes to close it.

71449537140__53247AEB-8786-4B7E-ABFF-C15C1F8D496A.jpeg

Thank you, CatMom! I agree about the Tahitian colors! They always keep me coming back.
You are so sweet, theseventhsphinx, thank you! Good for you- are congratulations in order, or are you still pursuing your education?
Thank you so much, heartofawareness! Wow, your ever-growing collection is really something else. Beautiful new additions!
Thanks, BWeaves! I had also thought about that Tahitian piece, but I am happy to have the SOC.

Earrings I made with golden SS and slices of locally found Larimer. A necklace I made with Myanmar golden SS pearls and keshi and gemstones, and a strand of baroque golden SS from several years ago from POJ.
View attachment 465797View attachment 465798
Thank you, @jeg ! Congratulations *are* in order, in fact! As of June I am a master of industrial design. Took an intro metalworking jewelry course and enjoyed it so much! Definitely want to keep playing in that area with pearls in the picture. We'll see.

The Larimer in these earrings is lovely! I wasn't familiar with this stone but glad to have it on my radar. Your goldens are, as usual, sublime. :)

Congratulations for sure, theseventhsphinx!!! Hopefully pearls will always be in the picture! I realized I made an error in naming the stone when I read your reply! The stone is a locally found Listwanite. Larimer is more blue and found in the Dominican Republic. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thanks so much, CathyKeshi!;) BWeaves, that woven pouch you created is very cool! And thank you, CatMom! Yes, just think how much trouble wire wrapping can get you into! Happy to help!:LOL:

Random Tahitian keshi tin-cup from Kojima. I normally layer this necklace with other pearls, but it just felt like letting this one shine on its own today. Plus, it's too hot to layer up. The golden pearl is actually much more gold than it appears in the photo.

Black and white, ok peacock and lavender, mismatched studs from Kamoka. My eggplant and light blue studs also match this necklace well. Actually, any of my earrings go with this necklace because they're are so many different colors of pearls.

IMG_1619.jpeg
IMG_1620.jpeg

My latest handwoven shawl. The colors remind me of mother of pearl. The turquoise weft really changes the color of the warp. The yellow becomes emerald green, and the fuchsia changes to purple.

IMG_1486.jpeg

Lovely pearls to end the week! A new week starts tomorrow and the month of August is almost over!
Anyone else here that feels that this year is just going away too fast?

Thanks so much, CatMom! Do I see more Tahitians in your future??? Happy new week, Douglas! And yes, this year is flying by. I love my summers, so I am never thrilled when fall starts creeping in.

Little h earrings with a strand of Tahitians from a big PP Tahitian sale around 14-15 years ago! Several years ago, I went through and changed a lot of my strands to orbit clasps so I could extend them to different lengths. I find that I rarely extend them anymore, so all the ball clasps that I took off the older strands are now reused on newer strands.:rolleyes:
IMG_1477.jpeg
IMG_6450.jpeg

The earrings and the necklace are just made for each other...gorgeous shapes and colors, green with envy! Just needed to throw that punchline there. Love them greens!

Thanks so much, CatMom! Do I see more Tahitians in your future??? Happy new week, Douglas! And yes, this year is flying by. I love my summers, so I am never thrilled when fall starts creeping in.

Little h earrings with a strand of Tahitians from a big PP Tahitian sale around 14-15 years ago! Several years ago, I went through and changed a lot of my strands to orbit clasps so I could extend them to different lengths. I find that I rarely extend them anymore, so all the ball clasps that I took off the older strands are now reused on newer strands.:rolleyes:
View attachment 465913View attachment 465914
So gorgeous jeg! Sigh, you have the absolute best Tahitian collection. I am away from home right now but when I get back I may have some Rikitea's and a couple of Raroia pearls to string that are lighter in color.

Back