Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Those are really beautiful jackets, mantan09!

Thank you, eolian, Douglas, BWeaves and SurfnSci! It is truly like looking through treasure, eolian! I am so sorry I don’t have any familiar faces to share with you Douglas, but i will upload some of the studio treasures. BWeaves, maybe you can join us for the much anticipated Pearls By The Bay II? A one day pearl affair on May 15th! Hope you and many others can join us for the gathering of deliriously happy pearl people. SurfnSci, I have a couple other pieces coming from the studio visit, including another stuffed shell! I could not resist one that was on the work board with some different colored pearls. I’m having it set as another pendant.

Kojima Studio visit-
48AA25F9-E170-4F4B-A5C8-BFAE58F057F0.jpg
93325B85-9F24-4B2F-A0F4-EA6C59224F64.jpg
22EC605B-0FC4-4CC3-8CF2-E9C2C4F9DB23.jpg
24FD2D90-BF20-42B2-9E8F-79C6B6774D1E.jpg
A97BA516-8D01-431A-A405-F747E205F4FF.jpg
6F80A9C9-089D-4B90-A8EF-78E2D161765A.jpg
95239155-F2CF-47D5-9521-6362D703AABD.jpg
cont…

Oh jeg THANK YOU :arms:
I felt transported to Kojima's studio. I really need to start traveling and gathering around a "pearl offering" with "pearly friends". My Soul feels soothed now...will enjoy it. Namasté.

We had the most fun on our Kojima Pearl treasure hunt ... Pearl friends are the best!!! Douglas, we hope to see you in May, along with more friends :)

Thanks Douglas! We really hope to see you in May!!!

Another very rare treasure from the Kojima Studio. A necklace of Japan Kasumi keshi. Sarah bought these several years ago from Mr. Yanase at the Kasumi farms. He had been setting the keshi aside for many years. The necklace is sprinkled with brass discs and finished with a few Akoya keshi.
Click image for larger version  Name:	3F32D157-8AF6-4CEB-85B8-38B5EEB0C819.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	460524
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_72889.jpg Views:	5 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	460526

Last edited:
I have it jotted down: May 15th. I have to check but would love to go!

Happy weekend, everyone!

jeg Thank you so much for your awesome photos - they provide a much-appreciated peak into what it must be like standing in Kojima, staring at all the beauties! I can't wait to see your new stuffed shell pendant, and wow, Kasumi keshis, how incredibly special! Your new pieces are all just so fantastic :heart:

I hope you can make it, Douglas! It wouldn’t be a pearl event without you!!!

Thank you, SurfnSci! You should think about joining us for Pearls By The Bay in May, and you can see the studio for yourself! Message me if you have any questions about the event!

Douglas, Walter says PLEASE come to Sausalito in May .... he’s outnumbered a zillion to one ;)

I'll be there :arms:
Spoke with Sarah this morning and I really have to Join in the Fun!

WooHoo, Douglas! Yes, you really need to join in the fun. I vaguely remember I also owe you a beer with a whale tale…. For others who might be following and want to join in, there is a link on the Kojima website for the Pearls By The Bay event. Here’s a platter that Cathy, Walter and I shared in Sausalito last weekend-
1470DCF0-7310-4B0D-967E-03CD0A4FCEDC.jpg

Wearing two multi-colored strands of Tahitians. One from Maui Divers, Hawaii, and the other from Kamoka, with earrings I made.
4A5D6C8F-44A4-4301-AE4E-0833DAE1700D.jpg
3F078842-6F5F-4654-B8B0-DDA4FC33CF5C.jpg

Walter’s favorite meal ... the gleam in his eyes as he stood over the platter, ready to attack that crab ... Yes, fresh Dungeness. We don’t have a photo of him in “carving mode” although Sarah took a great photo of him asleep on her studio sofa, in a pile of pearls ... he says I can’t share it as it makes him look “fat” ... not true as he’s lost a bit more weight ... but there was a waffle sundae lol ...

So hope more pearl friends can join us in Sausalito!

Walter’s favorite meal ... the gleam in his eyes as he stood over the platter, ready to attack that crab ... Yes, fresh Dungeness. We don’t have a photo of him in “carving mode” although Sarah took a great photo of him asleep on her studio sofa, in a pile of pearls ... he says I can’t share it as it makes him look “fat” ... not true as he’s lost a bit more weight ... but there was a waffle sundae lol ...

So hope more pearl friends can join us in Sausalito!

Lol omg Cathy that is the most perfect description! :biglaugh: :07:

Back