Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not a fan of oxidation, but I have to admit that it works here.

I love that rope. I really do like the pearl on pearl tin cup, waterfall, bubble, whatever you want to call them necklaces.

Comment

• Lovely pearls worn by lovely ladies here, they are stunning.
      Today's ensemble gssp strand which I finished stringing yesterday and gssp studs. I need goldens to cheer me up, the weather has been awful. And oh, gold matches those yellow autumn leaves too. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0947.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	379153

Comment

• Hi Ladies! It's been a long hiatus for me as I took a trip home to Taipei to visit mom & sis and took a detour diving trip to Palau with our very own la_corsetiere. Will do some postings from the trip but haven't had the time, hope to do so soon. I of course did some shopping in a little local boutique in Taipei called "my poor mom's drawer".

Introducing Miss July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2484.jpg
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	379154

Comment

• Miss July is stunning! Your mom's jewelry drawer must look like a gem boutique, Purr

Comment

• Pareltje- Your GSS combo is gorgeous! What a way to cheer yourself up. You must be downright giddy today!

Welcome back Purr!!! I am so excited to hear all about your trip! Sounds like a great adventure. Your mom sure has/had a lot of beautiful things. I bet that gives her such pleasure to know how much you love her things. Does she still buy more jewelry or does she just have an endless stash for you to go through?

Comment

• Pareltje, please tell us more about those stunning GSS!
              Turning the photo for you....

Wait, are those the dark golden pearls from this thread? https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...l=1#post195881
              and this post? https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...l=1#post195955

They really suit your skin tone. I think you got winners there!
              What clasp did you end up using?

Name:	Pareltje's GSS photo.jpg
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	379155
              Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 11-16-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Pareltje- your GSS strand is stunning. I really like it with the black shirt.

Purranah- Love all things octopi. What a statement piece!

Comment

• jeg, PD, eclecticgrl, thank you for your kind words, ladies.
                  PD, yes, that's the darkest strand of the whole collection. I just finished stringing them with gold Beader's Secret and finish it off with a double-flower clasp in yellow and white gold. The color pops well against my dark blue fleece.

Comment

• I'd love to see a photo of the clasp.
                    Really they are gorgeous on you!

Comment

• Love the goldens. Love Miss July. Love the jewelry store name, hehehe.

My sister and I used to play in my mother's jewelry box, while she supervised. It was fun trying on Mom's jewelry. The ultimate jewelry store.

Once during a jewelry box session, we heard a lot of grunting and panting coming from the other room. My Dad and brother were wrestling in the the living room. During a break in the action, we heard Dad say, "I'm only doing this in self defense." We laughed so hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
                        I'd love to see a photo of the clasp.
                        Really they are gorgeous on you!
                        Here it is, PD.

Name:	DSC_0944.jpg
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	379157

Comment

• Sheri, JP, jeg, and BWeaves, thank you so much! I forgot I had the crescent, must wear it more. And re: the Tahitian/keshi rope, when I made it my intention was to keep collecting Tahitians and eventually put together a harvest-style strand, so this one was kind of an interim style. But I love it and won't be taking it apart.

Pareltje, that strand is just stunning. The color is just right against your skintone - love it.

PURRRRRRR you know how I feel about that ring <3 And your expeditions into your mama's jewelry box! I want to be her when I grow up
                          Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

• Thanks for the photo, Pareltje! It's really pretty -- how does it work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
                              Thanks for the photo, Pareltje! It's really pretty -- how does it work?
                              It's a modified lobster claw or modified trigger clasp actually. You see a small handle on one of the bigger flower's petal, if you press that down, the moving part of the clasp opens. Wait, I'll post a picture or two.

Name:	DSC_0945.jpg
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	379158

Name:	DSC_0946.jpg
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	379159
                              Last edited by Pareltje; 11-16-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Oh, I can only imagine the treasures that come from Purr's mother's jewelry box.

How wonderful that Purr and Sheri had a diving experience...can't wait to see the photos!
                                http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                                Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

Working...
                                X