Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also use clear plastic bead storage boxes for my jewelry, this way those pieces are easier to find. I still have to find a box to store my strands.

Comment

• This is absolutely brilliant...BRILLIANT! Now just to make certain it doesn't get mixed up with DHs pill box.
      http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
      Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• I love the pill box idea too!

Credit where due: it was BAS who posted it:
        https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...l=1#post139648

Comment

• BWeaves and BAS, what an awesome storage idea! Definitely going to borrow it too.

Re: coworkers, last week when I was wearing my GSSP harvest/keshi rope, my coworker told me she likes my beads. Sigh...
          Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

• Battah - Try not to be disappointed with your coworkers. At least they recognize that your "beads" are something special, even if they don't understand why. It reminds me of when I admired Caitlin's Bahraini rope, thinking they were freshwater, and wondering why my freshwater didn't look that good.

Anyhow, on to today's pearls. My Sea of Cortez triple pendant set in palladium with diamonds by Stephen Vincent Design, and my carved Kamoka mana bracelet. I so enjoy my pearls.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171008_142121.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	378527

Name:	20171008_142212.jpg
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	378528

Comment

• Thanks, PD. I wanted to give credit where credit was due, but I could not remember who I stole the idea from.

Red: We enjoy your pearls, too.

Comment

• Oh I know BWeaves, that's why I posted it.

battah, I'm sure most people think my GSS pearls are just beads! I think most don't even know there is such a thing as golden south sea pearls.

Comment

• This is genius, BW! I remember reading about this idea a while ago and now use pill boxes myself. Perfect travel solution!

Comment

• I was using those pill boxes too, after BAS suggested it ... thanks, BAS After having trouble opening one box AND having the lids pop open in travel (admittedly inexpensive boxes from the drugstore) I found some similar boxes at Wast Marine (fishing, boat tackle/gear store). Those are much sturdier, have removable, adjustable dividers and overlocking latches ... NO possibility of those coming open by accident! Sometimes I can't even open them lol, but that's my hands, not the boxes. I'm out camping with the grandson or I'd take a photo. Tackle stores are a crafter's secret source
                    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Red, of course I enjoy your pearls. They're fabulous.

Comment

• I'm not sure I would use this particular pill box for traveling. Too bulky and the earrings would rattle around. I like rolling up my jewelry in that rubber matting stuff. Nothing moves.

Comment

• Cathy, I love using tackle boxes for jewelry and for makeup! Well, not so much anymore with makeup, but when I used to play around with color a lot, I loved tackle boxes for keeping everything organized.

Comment

• BWeaves makes a good point ... for travel, line the boxes with little pieces of soft cloth etc to prevent pearls rolling around and getting scratched.
                            Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Sorry I missed your comments! Red and PD, you're absolutely right. I've noticed that people's eyes are drawn to nice pearls whether they recognize what they are or not. They do see that they're beautiful!

Comment

• Kind of a crappy taken-too-fast picture, but here is my new-just-arrived-today Kamoka mana necklace (with a sweet 12.7mm pearl that Josh picked out for me ) along with a tahitian keshi necklace from Care Ehret that I got a couple of years ago. The earrings are 10mm silvery white SSP I bought from a lovely person over on DB last year.

Name:	2017-10-10 at 20-37-47 (1).jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	378543

Comment

Working...
                                X