Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Lugana, lovely ring, and necklace. I love lariat necklaces. That is quite a huge Tahitian peArl.

Thanks BWeaves!

You should be proud of that beautiful ring, Lugana! That band looks very pretty.

Here is a T necklace I got last year... my husband likes to wear it, too. :)

baroque multicolor Tahitian necklace forum.jpeg

PD: The contrast between the gorgeous banded Ts and the white ones is great. Tell your husband we want a neck shot of him wearing it, too. We don't have enough men wearing pearls photos.

Thank you Katbran!

Pearl Dreams- I really like the layout of that strand. Nice colors and shapes!

Went to the library today wearing these studs I got from Cees 2 years ago...met a woman who used to sell pearls in Boston! We had a nice chat. Hope she drops in to check out PG.

Aak! :eek: Huge ear photo, but can't be bothered to fix it :p

Golden SS studs.jpg

Earlier this week I wore the Everything Bagel rope from Kojima with my Mom's SS pearl drop earrings. It's hard to get the full rope in a single photo because it's 54 inches long. Sometimes during the day, I'll loop it double around my neck, but I like to see the pearls in my lap.

fullsizeoutput_638.jpg

Yesterday I wore La Perlagrina from Komoka with my Tahitian and opal earrings from Kojima. The silk shawl was woven by a friend of mine. It was part of a weaving exchange where we weave extras and then swap them.

fullsizeoutput_639.jpg

2 very lovely looks, BWeaves :) The earrings really bring out the blue of that beautiful shawl. Love the Everything Bagel rope on that blouse; very rich in colors and patterns ... a great pairing.

What great studs PD! I bet you don’t have to share those with your DH.

Love both your looks, BWeaves. Can’t go wrong with Kamoka’s and Kojima’s! That sounds like a fun idea to do a shawl swap. Does it end up being like those Christmas exchanges where your choice might be taken from you?!:eek:

LOL they look big because the whole photo of the ear is big. No, really they are 10.8mm, a good size for my nice fat ear lobes. :D
And no way is hubby wearing these!

That sounds like a fun idea to do a shawl swap. Does it end up being like those Christmas exchanges where your choice might be taken from you?!:eek:

No, actually, they are what we call sample exchanges. We weave sample fabric for everyone in the exchange, along with instructions on how to reproduce the fabric. Then we usually weave 3 finished items (shawls, scarves, hand towels, etc.), and keep one for ourselves and swap two. To avoid people picking their favorite and then the people who get picked last feeling unloved, we've gone to drawing lots. We number each of the shawls, and each person draws a number from the bag, and you get the shawl with that number. Afterwards, if you want to swap with someone else and they are willing, you can.

BWeaves, I absolutely adore your Tahitian and opal earrings, these earring fittings are just the best.
I saw them being called Herradura in the Sea of Cortez shop - how your you guys call them? They never show up in my searches ("horseshoe earring .." nope).

I saw them being called Herradura in the Sea of Cortez shop - how your you guys call them? They never show up in my searches ("horseshoe earring .." nope).
Would "leverback earrings" or "english lock earrings" return the desired results to you?.. Sorry if I misunderstood your question :)

BWeaves, I absolutely adore your Tahitian and opal earrings, these earring fittings are just the best.

I dug up this old photo BWeaves posted of her lovely opal and Tahitian earrings so I could see the finding:

BWeaves's opal and Tahitian earrings.jpg

I see images on Etsy, Tahitianpearls.biz and Stuller calling this a "horseshoe leverback" (with ring).

Back