Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby nurse - those pastel Tahitians are sensational. As a side note, I also love your collection of knits and cardigans!

Comment

• I wondered if it was you who got it -- Jeremy said it was one of the regulars. I called about 20 minutes after the blog posted, but they said someone else had already inquired. I'm dying to try it on at the Ruckus if you don't mind.

Comment

• All so beautiful. I just the blog post on the pastel tahitians. They look beautiful.

Comment

• so we are getting ready here to move house and the last stuff to get packed is my two favorite things, pearls and perfume, lol! i'm surrounded by boxes but can't seem to figure out how to pack my most treasured things! ....any ideas on how to pack collections of jewelry and perfume safely? here's two of my favorites so this isn't a text only post!!
          [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Baggies, towels and bubble wrap.

Comment

• yeah, i need to take the millionth trip to home depot for bubble wrap it seems, lol. i also REALLY wish i kept all the boxes my pearls came in over the years... i'm trying to keep everything from becoming a jumbled up mess!

Comment

• I wrap them in Kleenex and then put them, many pieces, into a Chinese food container. You can fit a LOT of pearls in one of those containers and if they're individually wrapped, no scratching.

Comment

• that sounds like just the trick, i never would of thought of that either! thanks bas!

Comment

• Why am I NOT surprised Baby Nurse snagged the pastel Tahitians? They look gorgeous on you. And the sweater, too!

Comment

• From Experience lots of mini sterlite containers lined in bubble wrap :- ). I emptied the safe, and I lined mini containers then stacked them in bigger containers. When I helped my cousin move we packed her perfume the same way, she collects Waterford crystal type perfume "thingies" (decanters?), that is where I first got the idea.

Here are some pearls so this isn't a total off topic reply:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pup.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	366279

(I was doing a bit of sketching and my pup, the white fluff in the corner decided to turn around and chew my pencil as I scribbled)
                      Last edited by BlackPearlDudeDC; 04-10-2016, 04:16 AM.
                      No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Comment

• BPD, that is a great photo!

Comment

• BabyNurse .. those Tahitians are absolutely gorgeous!
                          BPD - Love your photo ! And excellent suggestion re: packing. I'm going to be selling my house and will have to pack up "the beading room' ugh But you have definitely provided the method for packing all the 'stuff' .
                          FunkyPearl..I'm not looking forward to moving....I wish you luck and hope it all goes smoothly! It's a great time to get rid of things.
                          https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                          https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• BPDDC, that is a super cool bracelet! I love leather and pearls.

Comment

• GG- You were so sweet feature that bracelet in your Men & pearls post.
                              (I sure wish I had the Snake head at the time...I can't stop admiring it :-)

Originally posted by GemGeek View Post
                              BPD, that is a great photo!
                              No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Comment

• From you (a pearl Queen) this is High-praise indeed! Thank you!

Originally posted by Tucs View Post
                                BPDDC, that is a super cool bracelet! I love leather and pearls.

Comment

Working...
                                X