Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

lary007: Your pearls look juicy. Just like fruit. A couple of peaches and a ripe pomegranate pendant.

Where did I get these keychains? I just found them in my pearl restringing kit. I should either use them or make them into earrings.

View attachment 469158
Sarah of Kojima handed out some of those at last year's Pearls by the Bay event :love:

Sarah of Kojima handed out some of those at last year's Pearls by the Bay event :love:
I think Sarah included these in a couple of purchases I made from Kojima years ago. That might explain why I have two of them. I haven't made it to a PBTB yet, sadly. The last Ruckus was the last time I flew out west. It's such an incredibly long flight for me, for just one day.

Berna, yes, the keychains were handed out in 2018 I think? And maybe again. IF I remember right, they were vintage, made for/by Fuji Voll, originally for the Olympics in Japan; one of ours was marked! Feel free to correct me if I'm remembering wrong. I hung mine on our Christmas tree and feel very lucky to have 2.

@Douglas: Ooh, that's wonderful; can't wait to meet! I'll bring my SOC keshi necklace Sarah made :) Message me and let me know when you are arriving. Walter and I are flying May 11, spending a few days in Monterey before heading up to Sausalito a few days early.

@BWeaves, that's the secret ... it's way too far to fly to CA from PA for ... one day, so ... it's one day PBTB, one day whale watching, one day sightseeing, one day farmers market shopping, one day ... and one day for ... etc ... and it's vacation :)

@lary007: Thanks. I have no idea what I'm going to do with those beautiful tiny golden akoyas. I am not usually impulsive, but was so excited to get thru the throngs of pearl lovers with fast internet :). I do have some other multi-color akoyas; necklace, and also got the 5 pearl necklace, so I'll wait till I get to decide on tiny studs or ... ? They were so pretty!

Berna, yes, the keychains were handed out in 2018 I think? And maybe again. IF I remember right, they were vintage, made for/by Fuji Voll, originally for the Olympics in Japan; one of ours was marked! Feel free to correct me if I'm remembering wrong. I hung mine on our Christmas tree and feel very lucky to have 2.

@BWeaves, that's the secret ... it's way too far to fly to CA from PA for ... one day, so ... it's one day PBTB, one day whale watching, one day sightseeing, one day farmers market shopping, one day ... and one day for ... etc ... and it's vacation :)
I'll have to look on the back of the keychain. I think there's some sort of sticker on the back, which I never paid attention to. UPDATE: The back of the keychain has a red knight in armor.

My first Ruckus I dragged Greg along and we went sightseeing. But he didn't want to go for the other Ruckuses, and except for the eclipse, we haven't had a travel vacation in a long time because we hate flying. I'll have to come up with something for next year.

Last edited:
I'll have to look on the back of the keychain. I think there's some sort of sticker on the back, which I never paid attention to. UPDATE: The back of the keychain has a red knight in armor.

My first Ruckus I dragged Greg along and we went sightseeing. But he didn't want to go for the other Ruckuses, and except for the eclipse, we haven't had a travel vacation in a long time because we hate flying. I'll have to come up with something for next year.
I missed all the Ruckuses because of work and life, but I am excited to attend my first Pearls by the Bay this year! It's also a very long ride as I'm in the NorthEast, but I have an old family friend I haven't seen in over 40 years (!) who lives in San Francisco and I plan to visit him first before heading to Sausalito. I will miss meeting you BWeaves, but am looking forward to meeting everyone else I have seen over the years here on the forum.

I like the combo, BWeaves! You look so springy/summery!

Lary007, I’ve been wanting something with that blossom setting. Your new earrings look fantastic, and of course the little h…ahhhh…

CatMom, it was worth the Ban Island breakout! Your new bracelet looks perfect with your Rikitea strand!

Douglas, I’m sending you a PM…

Bunny and Traveling Pearl at Giverny admiring all the wisteria surrounding Monet’s Japanese Bridge. And, the obvious landmark…
IMG_2579.jpeg
IMG_2581.jpeg
IMG_5153.jpeg

I like the combo, BWeaves! You look so springy/summery!

Lary007, I’ve been wanting something with that blossom setting. Your new earrings look fantastic, and of course the little h…ahhhh…

CatMom, it was worth the Ban Island breakout! Your new bracelet looks perfect with your Rikitea strand!

Douglas, I’m sending you a PM…

Bunny and Traveling Pearl at Giverny admiring all the wisteria surrounding Monet’s Japanese Bridge. And, the obvious landmark…
View attachment 469163View attachment 469164View attachment 469162
Beautiful pictures jeg!

Back