Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today it's my 10 mm blue akoya baroques and my Grandmother's akoya drop earrings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2076.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	361932

The blues really match my chambray blouse.

Name:	IMG_2074.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	361933

Name:	IMG_2075.jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	361934

I think my Grandmother bought these earrings in the 1950's. They are cultured akoyas and teeny tiny diamonds in 14K white gold.
    If you watched the last couple of episodes of Mad Men, you may have noticed that Betty wore earrings that looked like double studs, but were actually one earring. My Grandmother tried to imitate this look in the late 1960's by wearing her drop earrings upside down. I prefer them right side up.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	361935I'm not going to wear it for long today, it's too humid for anything close around the neck, but I'm going through my pearl treasure chest for fun...these are small, ~3mm pink ovals, belly-drilled and braided, by M Rose Designs.

It's been loads of fun catching up on all your great pearl-looks, ladies and gents.
      Last edited by lisa c; 07-06-2015, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Those are pretty, Lisa! Pinks look good on you.

Comment

• Thank you, PD! Isn't everybody looking great on this thread?!

I wish I could walk around with my head tipped fully back all the time...love what that does for my neck! As Pattye says "cropitty, crop, crop!"

Comment

• BAS, it is always lovely to see your gorgeous Madama set.

Ckrickett, I love the mix of your lustrous pearls and ammonite drops.

BWeaves, beautiful blue akoyas! Your grandmother?s earrings are lovely ? I also like them better right side up.

Lisa, I really like the braided design of your necklace ? the color of the pearls looks great on you.

Comment

• We?ve reached 100 pages of gorgeous pearls!

Today, I am wearing my Ruckus pendant. These Sea of Cortez pearls were my first pearl purchase at my first Ruckus, purchased from Douglas off the hood of Jeremy?s Tesla before I ever entered the mansion. The custom WG and diamond setting was done by Pearl Paradise.

Name:	IMG_9633.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	361943Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9675.jpg
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	361944

Comment

• Wow~!!! Those SOC pearls are beautiful!!! I'm in awe of everyone's beauties!

Comment

• Originally posted by KaySD View Post
                  We’ve reached 100 pages of gorgeous pearls!
                  77,230 views and almost 1500 posts -- yes -- this is one monster thread!

Comment

• Ladies, everything from today is wonderful. It always puts a smile on my face to see people wearing their pretty pearls.

Comment

• That Ruckus story of selling pearls from the hood of the Tesla is priceless...what a wonderful memory.
                      and - What a sweet bunch of friendships and experiences this website has spawned!
                      thank you Kay, you know I ogle your pearls...
                      Last edited by lisa c; 07-07-2015, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• I love all of the pearls! And those vintage akoya earrings are beautiful...how wonderful to have something so special.
                        http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                        Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Beautiful pearls. Everyone is looking gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• BWeaves -- fun earrings. I like them both ways!

Lisa -- so pretty!

Kay -- that turned out so gorgeously and how apropos of our upcoming Ruckus!!! I just love the colors on your top photo.

Comment

• OMG, I'm normally not a pendant pearl person, but I'm lusting after that SOC pendant. That is gorgeous!

Comment

• Thank you all. Planning for the upcoming Ruckus made me really want to wear my SOC pendant.

Today, I am wearing one of my favorites -- my white South Sea and Tahitian strand and WSS drop earrings with Blossom setting -- all purchased on my first visit to Pearl Paradise.

Name:	WIN_20150707_104319.jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	361950Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20150707_104400 (2).JPG
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	361951

Comment

Working...
                                X