My pearls

There were a gorgeous rippled apricoty pearl in that ripplestrand, with better luster than the rest of them. It would have been a great earring pearl, had there been a decent match for it. But there was none that matched that luster and I'm not even that picky with shape or color when it comes to earring matches. So I made a pendant/charm out of it. I first tried to glue it but the glue wouldn't set. At all, so having no patience and no new glue handy I wirewrapped the pearl. I put the enhancer thinghy on my green banded tahitian pearl instead, already glued. It needed something better than a springring anyway.
_20200816_153340.jpg
It has glorious overtones.
_20200816_153315.jpg
The tahitian pearl is pretty neat as well.
_20200816_153209.jpg
_20200816_153118.jpg
_20200816_153048.jpg
With new strand
_20200816_153007.jpg

Thank you Pattye. I have to admit that I did get that enhancer thingy from a tasselcap that I didn't like. I cut of the tasselcap part and kept the enhancer. The tasselcap didn't have a bar inside or a hole in the top. Just those rings at the edge of the tasselcap head. I can, rather could it's in the silver recycling box now, attatch tasselstrands to those rings but it's not pretty. The tassel then starts on the edge of the tasselcap/head and not inside it. Wierd design. But at least I got the enhancer thingy from it. I really like that green banded tahitian pearl.

Thank you CathyKeshi. Yesterday I was playing around with some smallish, maybe 4-5mm, egg-shaped freshwater pearls that I bought years ago. I was thinking about making a chain for my new apricot pendant. I know that I bought 4 or maybe 5 strands, from Pearllunar, daughter pilfered the lavender blue one...I know there was a pale pink, an apricot one, a copper one at least. The pink and the copper ones are difficult to separate from each other. There seems to be more colors than two in my sortings, there are lots of different overtones on them. The pale pink one was easy, they mostly have a bluish overtone and many of them are in the iridescence rope. Anyway it will probably be a mix of those apricot and copper pearls. There might even have been a pondslime mixed one, I have some pearls that are splotchy. I don't like those. I'm sure that there are good pondslime pearls, these ones had dull parts, some goldish parts and some lavenders. All in one pearl. Where was I going with this lenghty post really. Yes, a metallic somewhat longer strand for pendants and I am making the iridescence rope slightly more pink. There are some small white south sea pearls that I might use for another project, so I am switching those out for pale pink freshwater pearls. I haven't finished sorting quite yet, here are some photos of my blending of the many peach colors.
_20200817_084613.jpg
_20200817_084644.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Katbran. Those Pearllunar metallics are really pretty, but small. Not all pearls I got were metallics, the pale pink with bluish overtones don't have the same luster. There were so many overtones to choose from. Sometimes I miss Pearllunars ebay page. I also bought some loose pairs and drops. I got my tiny lavender rose pearls from him as well, 3 strands I think. Those lavender blues that my daughter pilfered were really pretty and my metallic pink drop earrings as well. The only problem is that when you mix them all in a box for many years they become hard to sort...

I finished those two strands yesterday, had some help...
_20200819_092523.jpg
Look closely on the pearls...
_20200819_092449.jpg
And she is the calmer cat. The same on that painted the floor last year with a drying roller, but still the calmer one. First I did the off round metallic peach, apricot copper ones. I measured them, they are about 6mm at the smallest. I used beaders secret in ivory. First I tried rose, but a wanted a cooler look.
_20200819_092346.jpg
_20200819_092410.jpg
I take photos of my tread, sometimes things looks different on photos. I am sure that there is some peach color, I just don't have any. I have to make a big order soon anyway.
_20200819_092213.jpg
It's 28 inches long.
_20200819_092139.jpg
With my apricot ripple charm.
_20200819_092301.jpg
_20200819_092235.jpg
With my sea life carved queen conch shell enhancer.
_20200819_092047.jpg
_20200819_092023.jpg
Then I removed the small white south sea pearls from my iridescence rope and replaced them with pale pink freshwater pearls with a bluish overtone. I added some smaller metallic freshwater pearls as well making the rope 32 inches instead of 30. All the freshwater pearls are from Pearllunar except for the white iridescencent ripples, those are from Pearlescence.
_20200819_091556.jpg
_20200819_091826.jpg
_20200819_091847.jpg
The two strands looks great together.
_20200819_091623.jpg
_20200819_091737.jpg
I am thinking about making a pelosi kind of mixed tahitian, white south sea and golden south sea strand. Usually I think that they look kind of harsh, but then Incik Boncuk posted her lovely strand. I did purchase some 7-8 mm roundish tahitian pearls from Druzydesign a while ago. They might arrive soon, they have cleared costum in sweden at least. And I did have about 20 smaller white south sea pearls, from Pearlescence, in the iridescence rope. I do have some small deep golden south sea pearls, from Cees, in my vintage akoya and golden south sea waverope and wavestrand. I could restring those and removed some of the pearls. I could probably remove about 7 or so without it being evident. It would be a smallish strand, 7-8mm but it might be nice.

I don't know about you, but my tastes changed over time. At first I didn't like the mixed white/gold/dark Tahitian strands either! But somehow they grew on me! And that color combo fits well with my wardrobe. I think next on my wish list is a gold & blue rope à la Jeg. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for this creation!

Thank you Incik Boncuk. I will try at least, it will be smallish however. I made a blue and gold rope last year I think, that I like enough not to remake it. It's long, 41 inches and I made it out of silvery blue akoyas and greenish golden south sea pearls. When I think about it almost all my akoyas are in ropes with other pearls, mostly south sea pearls or in tassels. The blue and gold rope.
_20200810_135910.jpg
With my green south sea studs from Pearlescence.
_20200805_151714.jpg

Oh, I love that combination of blue and gold pearls and the green studs.

Thank you Bweaves. I have some more photos of my remade iridescence rope with the apricot peachy freshwater strand and my lavender rose rope. Those three looks great together.
_20200819_194818.jpg
_20200819_194751.jpg
_20200819_194726.jpg
_20200819_194634.jpg

Nicely done with the blues and gold Charlotta and love the peachy and iridescent and lavender rose strands, beautiful colors that layer very well together!

Ooo, I love the pinky peach combinations, Charlotta. I have several pearls from the Pearllunar days, too. I thought their early freshwaters were nice quality and super reasonable.

Thank you Lilpearl, Bweaves and Jeg. Those little off round pearls was a bargain really. What I liked most was that I could search for colors, like blue, and get all pearls with some blue overtones. I think blue, green ane rose were my regular searches. I did buy some loose pairs as well, drops and such. I am sure that I could find similar pearls today, maybe. Those lavender rose pearls are really pretty, I think those were the last ones I bought. And some 5 strands of small off white pearls that I use as chains for mostly my tassels just before that. I have one that’s 18 inches, one that’s 35 inches and one that’s 30 inches. And then I have some of those pearls in my iridescence rope.

Back