My pearls

I still cannot capture the color on the tahitians correctly. The shift in purple to, but not in a warm tone. Here is a photo in morning light from the window on a plate I found in the cupboard.
_20190323_094209.jpg
Both the tahitians and the south seas I bought from Bob at Pearlsociety years ago. The south seas were dangly first, but I didn't like the findings, and then studs. The tahitians I haven't experiment as much with. I haven't really used them as studs for a while since I prefer other studs, usually the more colorful studs I bought from Wendy at Pearlescence and from JerseyPearl at Oceanscove. The new black and white dangly earrings have a beautiful grafic look to them that I like. So hopefully will get used. I think they will look great with both my south sea strand, from Cees, my rikiteas from Cees as well and my grey and white strand that I showed with the earrings in the previous post.

Wow, you are clever and you'll enjoy wearing those.
Thank you for sharing

Thank you Happy Huka. This is what they look on.
_20190323_155425.jpg
With my south sea strand from Cees.
_20190323_155357.jpg
I love this strand.
_20190323_155523.jpg
Spring flowers.
_20190323_155548.jpg

They look great on Charlotta. I have been mulling over getting earring jackets that slip on stud earring post & curve toward the front with an 11-12mm WSS pearl. (sort of banana shaped) I have several pearl studs....Tahitians, Akoya, GSS & WSS. I could mix the jackets with the studs I have to change things up a bit. It's hard finding just the jackets & really expensive to get a jeweler to make them.

86Corvettegirl, thank you. I have been looking for earring jackets for years,but haven't found anything yet. I mostly wanted them in a round shape with tiny akoyas or seedpearls, so that I could use studs with different kinds of gemstones. Mainly because I couldn't find earrings that looked like my pearl clasps. Well I didn't find that either. Now I mostly use my tahitian or south sea studs instead, lots of gorgeous colors and easier to find.

Charlotta, your earrings look great and those flowers are stunning.
I recently bought a pair of round freshwater studs from Pearlessence with a 6.7mm jacket - I’ll post them over on the “in action” thread.

SydK, I will check them out now. I didn't know that Pearlescence had earrings jackets. Thank you.

So I created some more stuff. First more dangly earrings, even though I prefer studs. I had some lavender pink halfdrilled ripples and these 2 pink rosequarts briolettes. Turned out all right. I didn't like the briolettes or the ripples on their own, but the colors enhancer each other like this.
IMG_20190324_173625_720.jpg
I also made a charm necklace with a tiny wirewrapped aquamarine, a tiny wirewrapped vintage akoyapearl, a topaz briolette and a white freshwater keshi. I had to use my jade bangle as props...
IMG_20190324_173316_324.jpg
IMG_20190324_172954_419.jpg

I have a new south sea strand, light golden or champagne in color and very circled but with a lovely luster.
_20190325_212100.jpg
_20190325_212028.jpg
With my champagne south sea studs and my golden enhancer.
_20190325_211933.jpg
I found the clasp on etsy.
_20190325_212004.jpg
With my dark gold south sea strand from Cees.
_20190325_211759.jpg
With my vintage akoya and green south sea strand.
_20190325_211728.jpg

I love when you post your pearls! We’re lucky to see them.

Charlotta, that new SS strand is very lovely ... congratulations!

Thank you JerseyPearl, Bweaves, lisa c and CathyKeshi.
JearseyPearl, I see some possiblities with this clasp. If I had two I could use 3 of the claspbits (?), reverse the strand and hang a pendant on the third one.

That ringed south sea strand is just incredible. I love how the bead caps on the clasp echo the shape of the pearls.

Back