Sea of Cortez pearls on Ebay?!!!

I purchased a SoC shell from her last year. One of the hurricanes was approaching and she tried to mail it in advance, but was unable since the Post Office had shut down. I got it a few days later after the hurricane passed. A lovely shell, and most excellent communication from this vendor.

If it's not inconvenient for you can you share some photos of your purchase?

I have purchased from RainbowIslandPearls, oops I see the shop name has changed, on ebay in the past, although no Cortez Pearls. I consider Inger to be a knowledgeable and trustworthy pearl seller. Another source is Carolyn Ehret at Ehret Design Gallery on Ebay who also sells Cortez Pearls. Carolyn is a member here but hasn't posted for years.

Imo, Cortez Mabes are absolutely gorgeous and truly a wonderful value.

There are a very few, like these two, trusted sellers on ebay.

Last edited:
Thank you Red and Pattye! I just purchased 2 beautiful sea of cortez mabe pearls and I can't wait to sea them IRL!

I concur the prases. Inger is a lovely person and trustworthy eBayer, I've purchased from her and will purchase in the future.

My Sea of Cortez shell.

SoCShell2.jpg

Attachments

• SoCShell1.jpg
    SoCShell1.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 36
Red, your SOC shell is so pretty ... is that a little bubble of blister pearls?

Have you considered buying directly from the Farm store? They have a better selection and they send photos of many to choose from. I have bought mabe this way and get much better quality and colors.

Red, your SOC shell is so pretty ... is that a little bubble of blister pearls?
Thank you, Cathy. I was going for a rainbow on this rainbow lipped oyster. I have no idea about the rest of the shell.

Have you considered buying directly from the Farm store? They have a better selection and they send photos of many to choose from. I have bought mabe this way and get much better quality and colors.

I purchase from Douglas 95% of the time when I want SoC pearls or shells. I've got a mabe and shells coming my way as we speak.

I've ordered pearls (though not SoC) from RainbowIslandPearls before. They've always been lovely.

I purchased some ssp keshi from her last month. They are very cute and what I wanted. I'm not positive I can distinguish ssp keshi from fw keshi and akoya keshi, so it's good to know she's reputable.

Thank you for everyone's replies and feedback about this vendor. I purchased 2 SoC mabe pearls from them and the expensive little babies are beautiful! I'm thinking of making them into earrings and paired them up with some peacock tahitian pearls from druzy. Dang these pearls are addicting to look at! Also they gave me 2 big malachite beads as a gift!

Attachments

• 2018-01-26-17-04-36.jpg
    2018-01-26-17-04-36.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 2018-01-26-17-03-34.jpg
    2018-01-26-17-03-34.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 2018-01-26-17-03-00.jpg
    2018-01-26-17-03-00.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 20180124_102044.jpg
    20180124_102044.jpg