Just for fun

jshepherd

Guess how many pearls in the bag to win (jk)!

Attachments

• One Giant Bag of Pearls.jpg
    One Giant Bag of Pearls.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 24
Oh my word, that is a very tightly packed bag! Your Hong Kong purchases, I suppose?

I notice that you carefully removed anything to use as a reference. How about as much as a sack of grain for the horses? 50 lbs or so? Much more and it would split the plastic of the bag. Less wouldn't be sporting..

Now, I haven't met Hisano in person yet, so that is a red herring! You might as well expound on the strength of the plastic bag. (Without offending Hisano!) And since these are not PP pearls, they weigh differently, since they don't know the gravitas of the situation..;)

:):rolleyes::D (Gurgles). I don't know, but can I have them when you're done???

OK GG, you stopped us cold - I just know you have a reason for that number! What's the calculation?

Five hundred strands times 40 pearls per strand. But now that I look again, it's probably a lot less strands. What would you guess?

Oh yes, easily could be a thousand or more. Those bags are big and heavy. And you might have to go through the whole lot to find a few strands to buy.

How do they move them???

- Karin (once an engineeer, always an engineer)

Tell me! I'm thinking of one of the wholesalers where the person I always deal with is tinier than Hisano and heaves these bags around like feathers.

Wowwwww!
Four foot high too!
Fascinating for a non pearl wholesaler like me - a wild guess at 100 000.

Back