Fireball Show & Tell

Rkas

Hello All,

Although new to the forum that hasn't stopped me from jumping, head first into the astounding world of PEARLS. I'm learning so much from reading your posts and blogs! Which leads me to my new fireball necklace.

On August 1st I had a little time on my hands so I checked into PP's Blog and stumbled on to the offering of their Connoisseur Collection. I had just been reading about Kasumi Pearls and was enchanted by the many colors of freshwater pearls, but then I saw them..... FIREBALL FRESHWATER PEARLS! PP had a necklace in which these pearls were drilled on the side. The effect was and is, a sense of flowing illumination.

So yes, YES, I bought them. I am amazed by them and really want to share them with you, but I also want to see other freshwater fireball pieces. This is a whole new pearl arena for me and I hope you will share with me. So here I go with my pictures. Here's my disclamer. I have taken these with my IPhone, so I'll do my best.

fb1.jpgfb6.jpgfb7.jpgfb8.jpg

I hope this gives you a sense of their beauty. I took one in a simple black dress, one wearing a blue tank & jeans and one in an orange jersey beach dress. I also turned them around so you can see them from both angles. When I thought I was done, I took them off and put them on my bed. I looked down and I loved the way they looked on my sheets, so I took a final pic.

Please enjoy,

Rkas

Rkas -- Thank you for posting these pictures! I was wondering who grabbed that fireball necklace and hoped I'd get a chance to see them being worn. So thank you! What a terrific necklace. Wear it in good health and enjoy for many years to come. (I am left wondering, yet again, why I don't come across women wearing these spectacular pieces in the course of my daily life.) Each and every pearl in your necklace is fascinating.

Now that I see the post I need to say that there is some green in the pearl's luster that the camera missed. But it's pretty close.
Enjoy

Your necklace is a treasure. I hope you wear it often and enjoy it immensely. Congratulations! :cool:

I obsessed about this piece before it was even for sale. It is a treasure to be sure! I am so pleased to see photos of it on it's new owner, and you wear it fantastically well. Congratulations!

I saw that on PP, was wowed.
What a treat to know who has it, and especially to see it on you! Thanks for posting the pics.
Congrats on your beauties - enjoy!

I affectionately called it the octopode necklace. They look quite like wee octopodes dancing around your neck. The only thing better than an octopus is MANY!

That firsball necklace is stunning. Hope you got the bracelet too. Enjoy your new beauty.

It is so hard to take a decent picture. They are soooo much more colorful in person. In the black dress and on the sheet, they are facing forward. In the other 2 pics they are turned over. It's a different look, but I like them both ways. Thanks for enjoying them with me. Bas I agree with you. I don't know why you don't see more women in wonderful pearls. I think there are still many who just don't know about them and the variety that are available. I know up until recently I really didn't know the first thing about the fabulous pearl world!

The other day I went out to dinner with my husband, wearing my fireball necklace of course. We were sitting at an outdoor table and these two women came up to me raving about my necklace and asking me a million questions about it. It was a lengthy conversation that even my husband was enjoying. Fortunately or unfortunately the more you see the more you want to know and the more you want to know the more you want to see!

Speaking of seeing PLEASE share any of your pieces or any pieces that you have seen that you covet.

I can't wait to see others! Enjoy,

Rkas

Rkas Your necklace is absolutely stunning! Jaw dropping really :D It looks fabulous on you. Congrats and enjoy wearing it!

Whooooo Hooooo! Newberry and I got to see your necklace in person at PP. It is something that should be in a museum. The colors and quality are out of this world. I hope you get the matching bracelet while its still available. I'm so happy for you. PS. I agree, your photos don't do this necklace justice. Even the glamour shots Angela took in the light box can't show the colors and perfectly matched overtones this necklace displayes.

I can see where it would be an amazing conversation piece! No wonder people are coming up to you!

These are some beautiful fireballs belonging to John Tu, pearl supplier and friend to many of us. Not a very good photo, taken at Gem Faire early in 2010. Tried to lighten the photo a little here. Lovely purples and greens. He hand picked each pearl for this extra long strand. Originally it was for sale, asking in the 5 digit range.
IMGP2396_resize_exposure.jpg

Several other photos here: https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2059&page=6&highlight=john+tu%27s+pearls

This was the most amazing strand of fireballs I'd seen until I saw your necklace, Rkas!

The last time I asked John about his strand of pearls, he said he was keeping them!

Attachments

• IMGP2396_resize.jpg
    IMGP2396_resize.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Back