Freshwater Necklace vs Akoya Necklace - Need Help - 1st Time buyer

thehoss

have about a $500 budget - and was looking for suggestions as to which necklace to purchase from PP

choice 1) 8-9mm White Freshwater Pearl Necklace 18inch AAA quality

choice 2) 7-7.5mm White Akoya Pearl Necklace 18inch AA+ quality (thinking Rose overtone)

Will be a present for wife's 30th birthday - she has brunetter hair and is 5'7" with average build

I just cant decide which to get - please any help on all aspects would be great - i feel luster is very important

Thanks

The budget for the larger AAA would be higher than for the smaller AA. For the money, I would go with a smaller freshadama- the cherryPicked AAA's- or for the larger AAA.
Good luck!

As you said, lustre is very important. Agreed.

As for size, I really feel it depends on what she's into since she's of medium build. Have you noticed any necklaces that she seems to wear more often than others? Have you measured the size of the beads on them to get an idea of the size she prefers?

As for surface quality, if she's a perfectionist, she might prefer as close to AAA as possible. Less finicky may be happy to compromise on surface quality or lustre or shape and go up in size instead.

Whatever it is, good luck and let us know how your gift-giving went. :)

I think I had posted on this thread, but can't see my post now.. so am posting again.
I think the larger AAA freshwaters might be a good choice, going by the height and build of your lady. For that budget, you might even get bigger sizes in that quality. The advantage of freshwaters is that they come in gorgeous white with wonderful luster (and rose overtones if you like) as well as other lovely natural colors too..:)

I am the same height as your wife. Just got a 8-8.5 strand and I think I can definitely go bigger. Colleague agrees 10-12 would be better. So do try for a bigger strand.

You can go to the thread I started to see the pics. Do let us know what you got in the end (and her reaction) k?

Back