Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING! - Edi Vichien (?) from Agustus Collection - money embezzlement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CortezPearls View Post
    As you have stated Marina: no doubt left.
    I am so sorry to hear this.
    Frankly, I feel sick.
    I hope Karma will find him as I am sure I am not his only victim...

Comment

His excuse is not credible.
      I bought a few carved shell peices from him a few years back. I won't be buying from him again.

Comment

What a nightmare!!! Thank you for the warning Masik! So sad to hear this story.

Comment

This is awful!! You would think that since he has an ebay store and gets payment from customers thru PayPal etc., he would have a some kind of security in his computer, phone or whatever else tech he was using to protect himself and his customers from hackers so I don't believe him at all. I bought a few things from him many years ago but no more after this. This makes me sad and angry.
          Last edited by Bailey1856; 01-30-2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

So, we all know hacking is a true thing, and so are computer-ransoms, BUT! He should make it right.

This is a very bad business, and thank you for the warning. Isn’t insurance carried for this sort of thing, by merchants?
            In fact, I got an eBay message along the lines of “Your Favorite Sellers...”, sent to me recently, including his store. I will scrub it.

Thank you for caring for us, in spite of your own grief.
            Last edited by lisa c; 01-30-2021, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Masik, I am so sorry to hear all this! No wonder you are feeling sick... reading it, I am not feeling frightfully well myself. You are doing the only thing you can: letting everyone know what happened. Virtual hugs! Trust is such an important thing in this business.

Comment

Masik-- I am so sorry to hear of this story. But, I definitely would inform Paypal, inform eBay and your credit card company-- if you used one, hopefully. For future reference, one should always use a credit card as there are extra protections. I also think you can get the authorities involved. IF his story is true, it can be researched, but I would contact a lawyer and see what your recourse is. The good news is you have your Paypal receipt and the correspondence. So there is proof on your end. This is fraud and theft. Please don't let this go and just accept that you have lost your money.

Comment

Masik-- I just looked at your PP receipt. Was it Feb 8 2020? because it is not yet a year and so you still may have success with Paypal and your credit card company. With fraud-- I believe the credit card company will investigate and prosecute.

Comment

Ok- I see it's 180 days on Paypal for a dispute-- time for a lawyer. I'm so sorry you have gone through this. I sent you a PM.
                    Last edited by 2thdktr; 01-31-2021, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Oh dear Marina, what a horrid situation. Hoping they will make things right, and soon! Hugs.

Comment

Wow, Marina, that's even more awful. Either HE'S the hacker, or using the that hacker story as cover. There were warnings of that "your relative is abroad and ill, in an accident or hospital and stranded with no money" scam before Covid even, not necessarily attributed to Russians, just hackers of anonymous nefarious states. But if this guy was still running a legitimate business, he'd have business insurance, and he'd be doing everything he could to get a copy of your entire track of correspondence to turn over to his insurance and lawyer, to protect his business and his customers. The fact that he's not, is telling ... oh, so sad. I agree with everyone else, contact a lawyer, your insurance, Paypal again ... this is serious fraud and worth fighting over. Good luck.
                        Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Not knowing a lot about international law, but since there usually are different laws in different countries how does one solve a thing like this? Does international law treaties excist? Probably I would think. This sure is a mess.

Comment

I believe he is stationed in Indonesia, so it could be possible that it can be near to impossible to do much, but PayPal does not condone FRAUD and they could close his account (with his money in it, if any). Of course, he could try to open a new one...but if proven he is the same company, they would close it up again.
                            He should just give Marina her pearls if not the money. Money would be the best option, since the pearls will come "tainted" with a dark emotional experience
                            Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
                            Follow Me!
                            Instagram
                            YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
                            Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

Wow! What a horrible story. By using Friends and Family, you actually paid the fee to send him the money he took from you. I was under the impression that friends and family also doesn't have the purchase protection either.

Comment

Oh no! This is a terrible story! What a vulnerable feeling it must be to be scammed by someone you thought you could trust. I'm new to the forum and pearl collecting, but this is a good cautionary tale. If I get deeper into collecting I'll stay on my guard. I almost want to but something from him so I can give him a negative review, but that would only be putting MORE money in his pocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X