You Know You're a Pearlie When...

I think my addiction is under control, I am successfully resisting all the beautiful new pearls available at the moment. I love reading everyone's confessions. By the way, will the pearls dry out if you put them in the safe?

You know you are a pearl lover when you sneak out of the house in the morning before putting on your pearls because you do not want your DH to ask if you are wearing a new strand of Tahitians (which it probably is).

Or if you hide them for a while so that when DH asks "is that new???" you can say with a straight face and complete honesty "No....I just haven't worn it in a while." (And have them delivered to your office so that you can hide the evidence).

Sadly, apparently I am prone to what DH calls "new pearl glow" which often gives me away.

Pearlie is offensive? Is there a story behind that? Interesting.

That was an attempted joke only Star Trek fans could appreciate. I consider myself a Trekkie, but there are legions of fans who think that name is derisive and have chosen Trekker instead. It sounds more like a group of hikers to me.

I've been a pearl lover going back before I was even 10 years old.

Haha, you got me on that one, GemGeek. I've been wondering all day why pearlie is offensive lol.

Well, I guess I'm a pearlie and a trekkie LOL ... and it went over my head too.

Proud to be a pearlie! Having a heck of a time knotting a necklace because the pearls at the ends have smaller drill holes and a lot of it has to be double knotted and the silk is being a butt. I haven't indulged in Beader's secret yet because I have a shoebox filled with silk and I rarely knot. Sigh. Definitely a Pearlie.

Back