Which overtone to choose?

Circled tahitians have such character, especially when they're blue-green like yours. Congratulations!

These are all really beautiful together, I love the ringed pearls, what a collection! Enjoy.

Hi Katbran! Oh yes, I love mine and its camera. When it's set on high definition and auto flash though, it really juices up pearl photos, optimizes color and luster sometimes beyond what the eye registers. Without high def, and auto flash, the pearls are tricky and seem less than they are.

I'm still learning how to use the camera feature. For instance, even in the shade slightly after high noon the picture is different depending upon whether the sun is behind or in front of the camera. If it's behind the camera you get a more realistic pic of the pearls.

Hi Lisa, I take my iPhone photos without flash and with HDR. The colors are more accurate with white balance adjustment, but the lazy way out for me is to use a piece of gray paper for background. I did a series of experiments and posted on the pricescope forum some time back, with some other PS-ers chiming in with their tips and suggestions for better pearl photography. If you are interested to read more, Google "photographing my pearls pricescope" and it is the first result that pops up.

I was thinking of IcyJ... what photos ! What pearls !!!! ;)

LOL. Thanks! ;)

Guys, I did something bad. I fell for a rose gold ring on the Pearl Paradise site during the connoisseur sale (stock image below) and couldn't help but buy it. The only problem was that I then HAD to have matching earrings. A few weeks ago, I saw a listing on PP's Facebook for a new earring style in matching rose gold, but with freshwater pearls (http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-4425-wave-collection-freshwater-pearl-earrings.aspx). After contacting PP to ask about substituting Tahitians, I was able to purchase two loose pearls to be custom-set and voila, here's what I got in the mail yesterday. PP knocked it out of the park again, this time with beautiful, drool-worthy aubergines. I might like them even better than the blue-greens! I know the gold looks like yellow here, but it's definitely rose in person.

Pearl Ring - Rose Gold.jpg IMG_0910.jpg

Last edited:
Wdw: Beautiful! We really do need hand and ear shots. :)
Enjoy your new pearls!

Lisa and Pattye: Hope you find the thread useful. I had fun with the experiments and certainly take better photos than before.

Well, listen...oh what the heck - they're wonderful!

Last edited:
Back