Where to purchase wholesale Akoya round Pearls at least AA+

Indeed Blaire. I'm only surprised I emerge unscathed. I abhor the whole wish pearl thing in any guise. It is pure snake oil

This thread has made me reconsider. I thought the wish pearl thing would be okay for kids' entertainment and such as long as the label was truthful. But nah, giving them fake science is really kind of cheesy anyway.

It can be a lesson..in being discerning and seeing through flim-flam. Especially if you stand near the show and explain loudly!

Hi Jeremy please can you send me a link of the company selling genuine Akoya pearls in Akoya oysters for a wish pearl operation in Japan? Have you a picture of the Pearls so I can see what they look like to compare with freshwater pearls.

Sally2016, I'm afraid such company doesn't exist. Akoya pearls are too expensive to insert in a pickled oyster like this wish pearl thingy.
You can see the pictures of akoya pearls by checking the akoya pearl section of this forum. Or read this thread thoroughly, believe me you will learn a lot!

Hi Jeremy please can you send me a link of the company selling genuine Akoya pearls in Akoya oysters for a wish pearl operation in Japan? Have you a picture of the Pearls so I can see what they look like to compare with freshwater pearls.

I have only heard of the one operator in Japan but I've never seen the product and I don't know of any link to share. All the companies that have an online presence are selling freshwater pearls in either freshwater mussels or akoya shells.

Here are photos. Akoya pearls are on the left and freshwater pearls are on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_2337.JPG
    IMG_2337.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2340.JPG
    IMG_2340.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2339.JPG
    IMG_2339.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 37
Jeremy you say above that you did some research last week and found one company in Japan that was inserting genuine Akoya Pearls into Akoya shells for a wish pearl operation. Can you please message me the name of the company.

Dave did you write another article re the factory process of mass produced oysters. I'm sure I read another post on here about the factory process

Jeremy what is the name of the company that inserted Akoya pearls into Akoya shells please.

I am very new and do not know a thing about pearls. I have, what I believe to be (but could be wrong) 6mm, pink Akoya Pearls. I am looking for an estimated value.

Help??

Melang,

Welcome to Pearl Guide!

Lots of people have pearls they're not sure about, often inherited ones. We have a forum just for this sort of question:

"What kind of Pearls do I have?"
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?24-What-Kind-of-Pearls-do-I-have

Follow the link and then, before posting your thread with photos, please read the stickied thread called "Please Read This First- If you don't know what kind of pearls you have." It will ask questions for you to answer that will help us figure out what your pearls are. If you don't know how to upload photos there is another stickied thread there called How to upload photos."

Hi Lori, I too have become increasingly intrigued and interested in pearls due to the popularity of the FB pearl parties. But I am seriously dismayed over the dubious practices of the businesses involved. Why not just be honest and say they are cultured freshwater pearls placed in the akoya shells, and that some colours (such as black) are treated as such. I don't think it would take away from the fun, and then people wouldn't be duped. It gets me irritated when watching an opening video to see comment after comment like this: "What's the rarest colour? "Where are these pearls from?" etc. etc. They are either intentionally lying or grossly evading the questions, and I hate seeing people taken in.

It is still a fun event, and I think it could be even better if people would be honest.

I just received this email:
Hi there I'm wondering if you could help me I'm starting a little business with pearls from oysters and I can't find a price list of what the pearl would be worth is this something you could possibly help me with hopefully so
Many thanks
Sheesh

Pearlescence, hah!!! That must be a joke! Send this person to PG. And they'll get to learn a lot here.

Following this as well.
I am thinking of opening an "open an oyster" store front -
I would need Akoya oysters to open for the pearl. I see some now with several different colors, sizes etc. looking for the same in bulk. Anyone know of any GOOD sources off good quality?

Thank you for taking the time to post those. I am reading most of them now and get a great sense that people really think that everyone who wants to start a business doing this is a scam. I am not I can guarantee you that - Im looking to do this to raise funds for different community things. I'm looking to start a business to help bring smiles to people who could not afford some of the luxuries that we may have - thank you for taking the time to post those. I'm reading most of them now and get a great sense that people really think that everyone who wants to start a business doing this is a scam. I am not I can guarantee you that I'm looking to do this to raise funds for different community things. I'm looking to start a business to help bring smiles to people who could not afford some of the luxuries that some have in life. I'm sure not everyone who calls this a scam is truly meaning the people doing it are scammers, however I just wish the wording would be a little bit different. I'm just looking to find someone who actually sells quality pearls that I can in return open and provide a moment of happiness to whomever opens them - and really I'm new to this site so bear with me. I'm actually voice texting and I'm sure there's some kind of miss print on this wording here. Lol :) again thanks for your help.

Back