What to do with drilled through Kasumis when earhooks have wire for half drilled?

KarinK

My two lovely Kasumi pearls are heading for a pair of high carat gold hooks (not the diamonds I originally considered in the Tiara thread - too "busy" for these pearls). For another 7 days there is a sale on the ones I want: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solid-22K-G...787?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bec91d2b

But - can I use the wire already there when the Kasumis are drilled all the way through, or do I have to cut them off and buy extra headpins? The hang-in wire should be 12 mm. long. Any ideas as I would love to keep them as is. It would look better IMO and my purse would be happier :)

- Karin

Oh, that's right, Sven :) I forgot you are on the forum now - and the earhooks, I'm looking at, are yours.

So, I can use the hooks, glueing them in place. What glue would you recommend? Epoxy?

- Karin

That's a tough one. You may have to cut anyway and use the head pins anyway, depending on the drill holes in the pearls vs. the size of the peg. You could have the holes expanded, but I would find 22k head pins, cut the pearl pegs off (save them!!! you can put them into a scrap gold collection, and wire them onto the earrings with the headpin.

Thanks for the link, Sven. I guess I'll get the hooks and then see what is possible with the pearls once I have them.

And I save even the leftovers from silver head pins with the prices these days... :)

- Karin

Can I also say Thank you to Sven for the very informative link, great stuff!

Catrinel

Back