danachit
New Member
Oh my my.
A zombie thread!
I haven't been here in many years yall. Who is still here? Alive? Still working with pearls?
Not me.
Not me at all. I sold all of my workables and saved the tiniest bits, some tools and a few matching large akoyas. I do miss it and now that my sister asked what I thought about a double strand she was looking at, I got all riled up and excited.
I wanted to update on how this necklace ended up that I was working on. I gave it to my best friend. We were born next to one another, and I just wanted to give it to her as a thank you for being such a beautiful friend
With the pearls, 4 strands, and the 14K gold clasp, I had $350 invested ($240 in pearls). Along with four hours of knotting.
She was thrilled. A beautiful opera length double strand.
She took it to be insured and lord have mercy, it appraised for $4500.
A. This shows the crazy mark up for pearls.
B. I wonder if she sold it?
Thank you all for the help.
I've knotted so many pearls using waxed stretched silk and used the same glue. And I've seen several similar issues where at the very end, maybe on the last 2-3 pearls, a gap suddenly appears. I literally don't know how it's happening. Tight knots, last few get a drop of the cement glue. What the hay?
I'm hoping my friend's beautiful necklace has stayed in place.
A zombie thread!
I haven't been here in many years yall. Who is still here? Alive? Still working with pearls?
Not me.
Not me at all. I sold all of my workables and saved the tiniest bits, some tools and a few matching large akoyas. I do miss it and now that my sister asked what I thought about a double strand she was looking at, I got all riled up and excited.
I wanted to update on how this necklace ended up that I was working on. I gave it to my best friend. We were born next to one another, and I just wanted to give it to her as a thank you for being such a beautiful friend
With the pearls, 4 strands, and the 14K gold clasp, I had $350 invested ($240 in pearls). Along with four hours of knotting.
She was thrilled. A beautiful opera length double strand.
She took it to be insured and lord have mercy, it appraised for $4500.
A. This shows the crazy mark up for pearls.
B. I wonder if she sold it?
Thank you all for the help.
I've knotted so many pearls using waxed stretched silk and used the same glue. And I've seen several similar issues where at the very end, maybe on the last 2-3 pearls, a gap suddenly appears. I literally don't know how it's happening. Tight knots, last few get a drop of the cement glue. What the hay?
I'm hoping my friend's beautiful necklace has stayed in place.
Last edited: