What do you guys think?

I just had to chime in again. Nothing constructive, but I just bought these beauties and couldn't contain my excitement:

http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?moreinfo=17

http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?moreinfo=29

I'm hoping the first strand is the dream cotton candy pink I've been lemming for ages. I love baroques but the rice pearls are a godsend - especially if I don't see any freshwater exotics anytime soon. I can't imagine how many pearls Cathy has to sort through to get that kind of consistency!

Wow!

Those look spectacular--can't wait for you to get them and report back! Enjoy!!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Raisondetre said:
I'm hoping the first strand is the dream cotton candy pink I've been lemming for ages.

Oh Danae, I don't know about cotton candy. Have you ever cooked tasmanian salmon? Bit closer to that colour. Its overcast here today, so I'm not getting their true colour either

I love those sorts of pink too, but it is a challenge to try to get that elusive cotton candy, especially since I want it in gem quality. First the baroques, then rice pearls ... I'm getting there eventually. Mia really has to get tons of exotic freshwaters this time round ...

I think I have some cotton candy pink drusy's :eek:) but I hate to tell you, they're horrid!! lol dreadful dye job. As I sort them I'm throwing most away. I read a suggestion somewhere in here about washing dyed pearls, maybe I'll give that a go. But I gotta tell you you really wouldn't like them

Yeah, I meant naturally that kind of pink. Well, I can hope. You throw stuff away??!

Raisondetre said:
You throw stuff away??!

Well I'd like to plant them and grow pearl trees lol. I send them to a sheltered workshop for craft work, glue onto things or something. I think I mostly seem to chuck them under the coffee table. Accidentally tip the bead board and everything goes flying lol.

Great website & fabulous pearls! I love photos and yours are excellent.;)

Valeria101 said:
... always liked the closure, I suppose, just forgot about it ... it is a short chain with (relatively very) large loops ending in a round weight, and a hook that is supposed to go into any of the loops of the chain to accommodate the wearer's whim. The weight balances the necklace nicely ... .

Will this do, my friend? It's from the Galatea collection. While the hook isn't visible, we get the idea. The lovely tahitian does a nice job of weighting the piece, don't you think?

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 45
knotty panda said:
Will this do, my friend? It's from the Galatea collection. While the hook isn't visible, we get the idea. The lovely tahitian does a nice job of weighting the piece, don't you think?

I'll say!!! I'd love to "make do" with a Galatea weight.;)

Back