What do I have?

CK2019

Hi Everyone,

Recently this strand of pearls came into my possession. I do not know anything about them at all, I have no information or history, and no idea of value.

The clasp is diamond set, and one side of the clasp has 14kt and 585 stamped and on the other side a small part circular stamp which I have no idea about.

There are 104 pearls in total, 96 cms in length in total.

I am hoping that with such a wealth of knowledge and information on this forum I might be able to gain some knowledge about what I have from you all.

Can you also advise whether these would be worthy of getting restrung, as there is quite a bit of movement in some of the pearls? IMG_5294.jpgIMG_5323 (2).jpgIMG_5257.jpgIMG_5334.jpg

Thanks in advance.

The slightly off round, egg shapes makes me think they are freshwater pearls from China. Because of the off round shapes, they are probably 100% nacre. Pure pearl. The luster is very good, but they are a bit dirty and could use a good bath and a restring. The clasp is very nice, too.

Last edited:
The shapes are more like FWP as BWeaves says.

I would definitely clean them (give them a bath in mild soapy water, preferably bottled or filtered to avoid chlorine and hard minerals) and restring them. You can do this yourself, to save money-- see our Lowly Beaders Club for tutorials and videos. Many of us restring our own pearls-- it's not hard.

Thanks to you both for your replies. I had no idea about what these actually were, or what they might be worth, hence why I posted.

I am going to give them a bath as suggested, and look into the videos on this site about rethreading.

Since the nacre is very thick on these pearls, they should look great for a long time.

Back