Wanted: Pipi Pearl Strand

WoW, Amazing !

Like a pirate treasure ;)

You have the most amazing collection already, but this one has to be the crown- a totally unique achievement. In all the years I have known about pipi pearls, this is the first strand I have seen- at least the makings of one.... I'll be watching this one closely!!!!!

WOW those are amazing! i am officially jealous, and can't wait to see the MULTITUDES of photos you will post of them strewn about fabulously somewhere...or all strung delicately on something...or even all dumped onto a tabletop! :) that is a STUNNING collection of delicacies! congrats!

Thanks, guys! I will definitely be posting a multitude of photos soon. I just moved for the second time in 3 months, so things are in total disarray. I gotta keep these puppies safe until my home environment becomes less prone to stuff getting lost! What I know right now is that 14 of the pearls will go to that earring design I posted earlier and I just need to get a couple of nice montana sapphires for that. Not sure what I'll do with the rest, but I'm going to have fun dreaming of something :D

I finally got a chance to take a closer look at the pearls and even selected some pearls for the earring project and maybe a pendant. I wish there were a few more yellow-golden pearls in the lot!

Attachments

• DSCN5682.jpg
    DSCN5682.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN5683.jpg
    DSCN5683.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN5693.jpg
    DSCN5693.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 29
Here's a question for all the PGers: I am planning on having my pipis certified through GIA, but I am thinking of having a random sample of the parcel tested instead of the whole lot since there are too many pearls and they are too small to justify the expense. Would this be an advisable method if I wanted to sell some of the pearls that don't make it into projects in the future?

Last edited:
I received an email yesterday morning from Laurent with this photo: best early AM email ever!

Attachments

• Pipi Blister Pearl on Shells from Laurent from French Polynesia July 2014.jpg
    Pipi Blister Pearl on Shells from Laurent from French Polynesia July 2014.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 26
Well, my attempt at finding someone to drill my pipis was a fail, but many thanks to everyone that sent recommendations and suggestions! I ended up picking up a pearl drilling machine, but I haven't yet had time to try it out. I need to pick up some throw away pearls to start practicing!

Attachments

• 10527937_655896511154506_2103349256_n.jpg
    10527937_655896511154506_2103349256_n.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 30
That Laurent Cartier is a cool guy! :) Good luck with the drill.

Today I finally got over to my PO box, it's been a really busy few weeks, so it's been a while since I've been there. To my enormous surprise, these lil guys were waiting for me :D :D :D

Thank you, Laurent, they are spectacular and I'm looking forward to returning the favor!

As you can see, one of the shells had a crack in it. I'm trying to re-glue it with hypocement; I'm hoping the cement dries flatter than it is now. I'm going to research how to safely remove some if necessary, but if anyone knows some tricks, please PM me.

Attachments

• DSCN7579.jpg
    DSCN7579.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN7582.jpg
    DSCN7582.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN7596.jpg
    DSCN7596.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN7599.jpg
    DSCN7599.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 32
Lovely! I like Caitlin's idea of wearing the whole shell :)

Back