Vintage Rice Pearl Necklace - Value?

Barbie, Thanks! I appreciate that. You rock, too, service for 12 - great china story. It's a sisterhood, isn't it? of Loving the Finer Things for a Finer Price.

My ex brought up the fact that I bought the kids clothes used in our divorce hearing, likening it to child abuse (grin). I know some folks feel that way...but I always figured lots of detergent and hot water and Chlorox 2 washed away the prior owner just fine.

I started buying from thrift stores when the kids were little, so I wouldn't have a cow everytime the kids got messy, which wouldn't have been too healthy. We were poor, and it would've been a huge stress if they'd stained 'retail' clothes (OCD; I hate stains), and we wouldn't have had enough money to replace them. Instead, I never worried.

and HOLY COW! This is the second time someone's posted about finding Tahitians at unbelievable prices. Excellent luck, way to go!

Jodie(Mausketeers, that's cute) - For a while Mom asked all of us to list what we wanted when she died, whenever she saw us...very distressing. Anyway, my sister Jennie took the phrase and twisted it into a joke, by constantly saying "I love that - can I have that when you die???" when she really liked something.

One day after service she was walking behind a very old lady wearing a gorgeous, full length mink. Jen caught up with her and started to compliment her on her coat "You look fabulous, I love your coat, can I ha..." and choked off the rest of it just in time.

AND, I want to say a big Thank You! to all the folks who donate their goods to thrift stores all over the world.

Hey, you guys, remember 2008, before the price of gold went out of sight? Wonder who got that necklace w the pretty clasp.

Last edited:
Back