Venus GSS pendant

Raisondetre said:
Took a long time for me to finally get it - Jeremy was very kind to keep it in the vault for me for a few months! I won't be such a pest for the necklace. Couple more months when I get back to working again I'll be aiming for a matching necklace.

LOL I actually kept it in my desk. We had to match the loose pearls to the pendant immediately to be sure when you were ready for the bracelet we would have a perfect, slightly oval set ready to go. If I had kept it in the vault if would have been cannibalized, undoubtedly, as I left it undrilled until you were sure.

What a beautiful pearl! Nice neck too!
Lovely choice.

My husband just asked me if we PG'rs ever think about anything but pearls, only he pronounced it 'Poils' like Rita Hayworth in Cover Girl.
Darling silly man.

barbie

Raisondetre,

compliments on Your lovely South Sea Pearls. The white is nice but your golden bracelet looks gorgeous! What size ar the pearls?

Nice clasp too!

Thanks again, Jeremy! I promise to just make quick orders from now, though Christmas and the mad rush at the end of last year probably did push it back a little more than expected!

The Venus pendant is 12-13 mm and the bracelet measures from 10.0-12.3 or something like that. It's huge!!! My mom just loves it so much ... I really have to save up to get the necklace. Strangest thing is I seem to favor the ovals more than say a perfect round strand. Perfect rounds probably look too mature as a full strand. I'm going for the deep golden rounds eventually though.

Last edited:
Dumb question. I just got Terry's light golden akoya earrings in the mail. They are fantastic (pics to follow as usual). Would it look strange to match them with the Venus? They are supposed to go with the enhancer and the shine is heavenly, but I don't have it with me at the moment so I thought to wear it with the Venus.

I see nothing wrong with that if they look good together. Can't wait to seef photos.
I wear the untreated baroque akoyas we all got with my silver blue South sea earrings from Druzy design all the time. They aren't a perfect match but they look nice together.

I also "mismatch" pearls all the time. I wear my Kasumi earrings with my untreated FW baroques (posted a pic in that thread somewhere) and my Cortez earrings with my Tahitian pendant. I frequently am unable to purchase sets, so I just wear unlike pearls that I think look harmonious together. I tend to be a bit eclectic however, so what works for me might make some other folks crazy! I think the golden akoyas with the Venus pendant sounds lovely.

Using a different camera so I can't quite get the settings right. I tried taking a whole dozen pics, only one came out looking remotely like the pearls do. Even then it's blurred. Will try again later but this is it for now. The Akoya earrings are fabulous!

100_0004.jpg

Raisondetre, those look great together! Love your collection and always look forward to your pics. The ovals are really pretty, too!

Perle

I agree with Perle. They look very nice together. Wear them knowing they look great!

I agree - they look fantastic together without being too cliched in their matching - great choices Raisondetre!

A few more pics of the earrings. The luster is just amazing.

100_0082.jpg

100_0083.jpg

100_0084.jpg

100_0091.jpg

Back