Tutorial Sources for Lowly Beaders

pattye

Pearl Scholar
So~maybe you want to make a tassel, learn to seed bead or review how to wire wrap? Or how about enameling, metalwork or torch firing~all to compliment our pearly projects!

Where would YOU go for classes on how to do any of these skills? Many free tutorials are available, so please, let's share them, books included!

One source I've used is Beaducation.com. I found them because I do a little stamping, though it's not something I've offered on etsy. Of course, they also offer tools and supplies. Sometimes it's fun to just browse a little!

Last edited:
Pearl Knotting Turorials from Pearl-Guide Members

Pearl Knotting Turorials from Pearl-Guide Members

Check out these helpful knotting tutorials from our own knowledgeable members:

Pearl Dreams

Lloyd using Beader's Secret thread

Caitlin

Wendy (Pearlescence)

LLoyd

Everyone has slightly different techniques, so finding what works for you is key. There isn't just one "right" or "best" way.

Last edited:
I go to various beading books, or figure it out on my own with lots ( and lots and lots) of trial & error.

Copper or plated wire is good for that trial and error stuff, which, if you are me, can get expensive! ;)

I've been experimenting with some bead weaving to change things up...these tutorials were pretty helpful. I often prefer diagrams to videos for learning new techniques.

http://www.fusionbeads.com/techniques

If you have any interest in chainmaille, this site is an incredible resource for inspiration, tutorials, and information about the all-important aspect ratio. I have some thoughts about incorporating maille with pearls, but maille takes more elbow grease than I've been willing to put in recently.

http://www.mailleartisans.org/

Here's a wonderful video on beaded tassels:
I used this method to make these:

Pearl Beaded Tassels

Diatomaceous (sp?) earth!! kills any insect with an exoskeleton without toxic chemicals. buy the "food grade" kind (never pool grade!!). takes a few days, but a light dusting works wonders around doorframes/windowframes/baseboards. good luck!

Back