Tucson 2013

image.jpg
I don't know why we ended upside down but let's try this way.

Lovely Judi, Thanks for posting the photos! (i knew Sarah could stand on her head, but you too??? amazing! :) )

One final purchase from the 2013 Tucson gem show

One final purchase from the 2013 Tucson gem show

I visited the United States Pearl Co. at Days Inn (featured in this thread by GemGeek a few years ago: https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2216) and picked up some akoya keshi. After getting some tiny lavender freshwaters from Kojima's booth, and seeing the amazing tiny akoyas at the Pearl Exporting Company's GJX booth (see photo by Caitlin in post #110 of this thread), little pearls have caught my eye. I photographed the keshi next to my 6-7mm freshadama and baroque akoya strands, for size and color comparison. I had a fun time chatting with Mr. Peach, and checking out the gigantic abalone horn and other exotic pearls in the back room. They have tons of freshwaters of all shapes, textures, colors and sizes (as well as Tahitian, South Sea, and American pearls), and are open to the public - definitely worth a visit.

Attachments

• akoya-close.jpg
    akoya-close.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 52
So many beautiful pearls! It is so natural to go home with big bag of pearls! So sorry I live in another country :(

I'm with you Naan...I'd love to get to one of the shows in the USA .. I'm just always there at the wrong time :) I don't suppose there is a show on around Long Beach at the end of March lol

They do have the International Gem and Jewelry show in Santa Monica beginning of April. It's worth a walk through. I do it on occasion just to see what's happening there. I was just noticing that they don't allow anyone under 8 years old to attend. So bring your ID and be prepared to cut through a picket line of protesting 6 and 7 year olds demanding equal rights.

Back