To Pink or Not to Pink?

GemGeek

Pearlista
We invite your participation in answering the question!

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/content.php?r=269-To-Pink-or-Not-to-Pink

Blaire natural white vs pinked.jpg

Let 'er rip!
Blaire

All my original akoya pearl purchases from the 1980s were pinked. I thought that's what good pearls looked like.

I recently bought a strand of natural white Hanadama pearls from PP, and I am in love. They make my pinked pearls look bland. Of course, the Hanadama strand is also MUCH better quality than my previous pearls.

I also got a double strand of Freshadamas from PP, because they matched a pearl clasp I already owned better than akoyas did. They are more satiny than the Hanadamas but still much whiter than my old pearls. As my hair is getting whiter, I'm finding that white pearls really glow on my skin, and the pinked ones sort of blend in with my skin.

Unpinked! So much better against my skin. Think it does depend a lot on your complexion? I can imagine pinked ones looking better on the right complexion.

My automatic reaction is that I prefer unpinked, but not having seen them in person, I thought I would instead contrast my very whitest pearls (SSP) with my baroque akoyas (which are pinked) and my metallic white FWP.

On the wrist, I find that like all the shades of white-- so perhaps it is a non-issue for me after all.

Attachments

• 3 white pearls on wrist- SSP, baroque akoya, metallic white FWP.jpg
    3 white pearls on wrist- SSP, baroque akoya, metallic white FWP.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 30
Great photo. They do all look good on you. I prefer the natural, but I wouldn't refuse a gift of pinked akoyas! ;)

Silver suits me better than pink, therefore, unpinked for me.

DK :)

I must be in the minority. The pinked suits me best. They don't look pink on, but just look better somehow with my skin.

Fashions come and go!
Not sure, I think it depends on your skin tone and what suits you.

Back