The Pearl Care Guide: 10 Essential Tips for Keeping Pearls Lustrous

Enigma Lumin

Freshwater pearl cultivation production and sales
Pearl lovers, lend me your ears! Do you want to keep your precious pearls looking as lustrous and iridescent as the day you got them? Proper care and maintenance is key to preserving your pearl jewelry's beauty.

In this post, I will share 10 vital tips for caring for your pearls. These practical tips will help you avoid damage and deterioration, so you can enjoy your pearls for years to come!

To make things even easier, I have included 10 images that vividly demonstrate each pearl care tip. By the end, you'll be a pearl care pro!

So let's begin our journey into the world of pearl care. Follow these 10 guidelines, and your lovely pearls will continue shining bright for a lifetime!
微信图片_20230827202821.jpg
微信图片_20230827202821_1.jpg
微信图片_20230827202822.jpg
微信图片_20230827202822_1.jpg
微信图片_20230827202823.jpg
微信图片_20230827202823_1.jpg
微信图片_20230827202824.jpg
微信图片_20230827202824_1.jpg
微信图片_20230827202825.jpg
微信图片_20230827202825_1.jpg

Good tips!
Thank you for the share :)

The only sense I make of it is that it needs to be restrung every 3 years. But really a necklace needs to be restrung more often if it is worn a lot or if the thread is dirty or there are gaps due to thread/knots stretching, and less often if it isn't worn much at all.
You make a fair point - of course this is just a recommendation, since everyone has different pearl wearing habits. But even without much wear, pearl necklace cords may still need replacement over time as they can deteriorate from age. I've had customers come in with pearl necklaces they haven't worn for years, only to find the cord had broken. In those cases I help them replace the cord. Nowadays steel wire is a popular choice that doesn't need replacement as often.

9th - Replace the THREAD/SILK every 3 years??? What does replace the "bead" mean?
Pearl necklace cords may need replacement depending on wearing habits. For infrequent wear, it's best to replace the cord about every 3 years. But with frequent wear, regular replacement is needed to prevent breakage. The cords can snap if not replaced periodically with frequent wear. Of course, using modern steel wire eliminates this concern - it's a popular choice now for its durability.

9th - Replace the THREAD/SILK every 3 years??? What does replace the "bead" mean?
Exactly. It is a miss-translation. I could read "replace the thread" instead of the "Replace the bead". I am so used to translating documents that I can actually "auto-correct" inside my head.

Exactly. It is a miss-translation. I could read "replace the thread" instead of the "Replace the bead". I am so used to translating documents that I can actually "auto-correct" inside my head.
I'm so sorry...my "American" is showing. I really WISH I could speak another language. Always impressed by ANYONE who speaks more than one.

I'm so sorry...my "American" is showing. I really WISH I could speak another language. Always impressed by ANYONE who speaks more than one.
Don't be sorry. We all get "Lost in Translation" every so often!
BTW, that's a good movie!

Back