Tahitian Love

Red

The Pearl Paradise October Tahitian sale has begun for 2019. For weeks I have been watching Jeremy and Hisano on social media sorting Tahitian pearls in Tahiti. The Tahitian Love promotion began yesterday, and I spent all evening looking at pearls and feeling the love.

TLoveH1.jpg

TLoveJ2.jpg

TLoveJ1.jpg

It seems that many of this year's Tahitians are well matched drop/baroque shaped pearls, with a grey body color and light overtones. There were a couple of stunning copper body color Tahitian strands, but those went fast!

I have been wearing a lot of neutral grey clothing colors lately, and decided to try getting a rope of medium grey drop/lightly circled/baroque pearls with light blue overtones. I contacted the PP staff and Amber helped me select a pair of strands for a rope. Below are the neck stand glamour shots of the two strands, then a couple of quick shots by Amber to show how nicely matched they are. I'm expecting primarily grey pearls with the light blue overtones giving them an extra bit of life during the long, cold upcoming winter where I live.

Wondering if anyone else has been tempted by the sale?

TQN4019neck.jpg

TDN4020neck.jpg

TLove1.jpg

TLove2.jpg

Guilty...:rolleyes: I got one of the copper body strands. Looking forward to seeing the colors. I also bought one of the very light colored strands. I would like to have a rope of the light colors but I wasn’t sure if any of the other strands would be a match and then I got distracted by the copper ones...

I know, jeg. If there had still been two copper bodies for a rope (sigh..), but you got there first. The happy news is we get to see your photos.

Truthfully wasn't as tempted by this one. The strands look just fine, but I'm not a fan of non-round strands and the Tahitian sale has always bene the thing to wait for to get a couple thousand off a nice strand (to me) and not $150 off a baroque strand. But, they do certainly have some nice items in there and are adding day by day, so you never know...

I’m about halfway through Jeremy’s Facebook presentation today and what comes through loud and clear is how much he loves Tahitian pearls and what he sees in their beauty. The Tahitians presented in the different Pearl Paradise sales really vary. These well-matched baroques for about $500 will certainly appeal to a lot of customers. My most recent favorite sale was the white Tahitians in September 2016. I have a rope of larger whites, a matching bracelet, then I got two strands of small whites. I wear these pearls all the time as they go with so much. I’m not really a round, white pearl person but whites have their uses. Before that was the green body, high luster peacock drops from the August 2014 Tahitian sale. These have pretty much spoiled me for getting additional peacock drop strands. In December 2014 were the round, blue body Rikitea Tahitian strands which were truly exceptional.

I’m hoping this new grey body rope will allow me to wear it on days when I otherwise would be wearing my white Ts.

I was tempted by the sale, but didn’t see anything dramatically different from what I already have —except for those copper bodies. Can’t wait to see yours, jeg.

Red, that light grey rope will definitely glow this winter.

Those light grey tahitians with blue overtones will be great for winter Red. I strung my silver tahitian strand with aqua, it really brings out the blues in them. The aqua color isn't so strong that it takes over. Your rope will be fabulous, can't wait to see it finished.

I didn't look until this morning, but man am I glad I did. I found a very light silver strand with blue overtones. I've been hunting a super light silver strand for a while and the price was ridiculous with the discount and the pearl points I had, so I decided to take a chance. Can't wait to see them. I hope they're light enough for me to want to keep them.

That very light silver with blue overtones looks like a beauty. I wanted a medium silver so it would be different from my white Tahitians, but I agree that looked like a beautiful strand. Please post pictures when it arrives.

I love silver Tahitians- any shade, any shape! I saw several strands that caught my eye, so I might not be done yet.:rolleyes: I think you’ll get lots of wear out of your new rope, Red! Silvers and grays go with everything. And yes, pictures please, Lary007!!;)

The best part of this sale was by far Jeremy’s video. Took me hours in the poor campground internet to get the entire video to play lol. Jeremy’s love of, and knowledge pf pearls is a delight to hear ... Thank You to Jeremy! As for new for me ... not yet, but ...

I really enjoyed the video presentation -- interesting and educational! Thank you, Jeremy!

I found it interesting that Rikitea pearls are grown outside the atoll, where there are more nutrients in the water, resulting in nacre being laid down faster. Also the history of why the 0.8mm minimum nacre law was passed in the first place, and why it was finally repealed.

Guilty...:rolleyes: I got one of the copper body strands. Looking forward to seeing the colors. I also bought one of the very light colored strands. I would like to have a rope of the light colors but I wasn’t sure if any of the other strands would be a match and then I got distracted by the copper ones...

Hmmm I request a neck shot when the copper body strands arrive. Curious. :D

I found it interesting that Rikitea pearls are grown outside the atoll, where there are more nutrients in the water, resulting in nacre being laid down faster. Also the history of why the 0.8mm minimum nacre law was passed in the first place, and why it was finally repealed.

Me too. I thoroughly enjoyed the video!

I also bought one of the very light colored strands. I would like to have a rope of the light colors but I wasn’t sure if any of the other strands would be a match and then I got distracted by the copper ones...

Same here. I wanted a rope but I don't know that any of the ones that were left by the time I went on the site would be great matches. I am excited to see real life shots of yours and Red's pearls!

Same here. I wanted a rope but I don't know that any of the ones that were left by the time I went on the site would be great matches. I am excited to see real life shots of yours and Red's pearls!

I picked out six strands and did a live chat where I gave them the strand numbers and asked them to pick the two best for a rope. I’m sure there are other ways, but it only took them a few minutes to come back that these two were the ones. There is really no way to match body colors using photos. You can see the exposures are slightly different in the two glamour shots, so not easily comparable.

One difference I do notice in my two strands is that one has pointy drop shapes, and the other has more rounded drop shapes. In looking at my current necklaces I see they tend to have a greater mix of shapes than these two do, so I think combining them will be fine. But it points to how carefully these Tahitian strands have been matched in the first place.

I picked out six strands and did a live chat where I gave them the strand numbers and asked them to pick the two best for a rope. I’m sure there are other ways, but it only took them a few minutes to come back that these two were the ones. There is really no way to match body colors using photos. You can see the exposures are slightly different in the two glamour shots, so not easily comparable.

One difference I do notice in my two strands is that one has pointy drop shapes, and the other has more rounded drop shapes. In looking at my current necklaces I see they tend to have a greater mix of shapes than these two do, so I think combining them will be fine. But it points to how carefully these Tahitian strands have been matched in the first place.

Maybe I'll message them tomorrow morning then! I think this is the time to at least try given the great sale prices. I'll start crossing fingers now.

Since Red mentioned some of the previous Tahitian sales, I pulled up an old photo of silver Tahitians I purchased from the 2009 PP Tahitian sale. It’s layered here with two Kojima strands.
2839C66E-DA06-470F-9201-5B53E36969C3.jpg

Silver Tahitians from PP 2009 Tahitian sale
9AA6CACA-391A-4111-B547-D6F715074192.jpg

537C5A3C-3827-4794-A29C-33D1AAFC1F22.jpg

Back