Tahitian farmer looking for feedback

Unfortunately, November would never work for me :( which is too bad, as I would consider it the best birthday ever!! But, alas, I have to man the offices for the busiest time of the year- Christmas. It gets to be a real mad house over here trying to keep up with all the orders!

Your site is so informative, so fun! I enjoyed reading through it and discovering about your pearl farm and your business. I wish you success and good luck! <3

Josh,
No, I did not know your Dad personally but when I read you website, I saw a journey of a dedicated pearl lover. It is nice that you are carrying on the family business. Maybe you can post some pics of your next harvest for us pearl lovers. Keep posting!

Hey Josh-

Your pearls are so gorgeous that I'm sure you won't have too much trouble getting noticed... posting on P-G definitely helps! If you're looking to really start building a solid client base of US jewelers, designers and other retailers though, I'd highly recommend getting a booth at the Tucson or Vegas AGTA Fairs. Dizzying in scope and size, but the AGTA Pavilions are really an excellent way to attract attention for your pearls and talk to the buyers in person.

Also, if you can get your hands on a current copy of the JBT Book (Jewelers Board of Trade in the US, it lists almost EVERY SINGLE retailer, wholesaler, importer, manufacturer, designer etc etc etc in the US that is currently operating along with current credit ratings, address and phone number), and get somebody to start pounding the phone lines with cold calls you are bound to open a few wholesale accounts! It's a very old-school way of doing business, but during my tenure as a gemstone wholesaler, also fairly effective. Plus, you have an interesting product (read: NOT DIAMONDS) that might get you an easier in with the owners. The key with that route is good, old-fashioned consistency. :rolleyes:

Ashley is correct. I also think the GJX pavillion is also an exellent choice. It is right across the street from the agta show in Tucson. The Sea of Cortez pearls are in that pavillion and also one of Fuji Voll's booths and also the Rankin's natural pearl booth. It seems to have more specialty pearls...

Last edited:
The Sea of Cortez pearls are in that pavillion and also one of Fuji Voll's booths and also the Rankin's natural pearl booth. It seems to have more specialty pearls...

Ahhh, I SO want to see the Cortez and Rankin pearls in person!! What a treat!

Wow everybody, I really appreciate the help. I dream of selling all of my pearls to people who understand the product.
Caitlin thanks for the heads up on the JYX Pavillion. Can I get a place there by going to tucsongemshowguide.com?
Ashley thanks for the nuts and bolts. Never hurts to hear them again. I didn't know about the JBT book and look forward to getting my hands on it. I plan to be at the Tucson show to really sink me teeth in as well as to meet all of you.

Here's some of what I'll be bringing to Tucson.:)
clflash.jpg

Josh
Contact GJX right now and ask if you can get in.

I don't know what the rules are about sharing a booth with another renter, but the Sea of Cortez booth is fairly roomy, so I'd say make friends with Douglas McLaurin who posts here under Cortez Pearls.......and ask.
Douglas McLaurin, M.Sc. Aquaculture
Perlas del Mar de Cortez
Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico
perlas.com.mx

GJX Gem & Jewelry Show
Gem & Jewelry Exchange
Main Entrance on S. Granada Ave.
198 S. Granada Ave., Tucson, AZ 85701
Advance Information: Gem & Jewelry Exchange, (520) 882-4200; fax (520) 882-4203; e-mail info@gjxusa.com; Web site www.gjxusa.com
Dates: January 31-February 5, 2007
Hours: January 31-February 4: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. ; February 5: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Wholesale buyer credentials required: resale license, business card, and photo I.D.

I think the buyer's booths may be set in stone for this year.......But you can come up anyway and bring some pearls-and be very discreet, but you WILL find buyers!!!

Last edited:
Back