Tahitian campaign for singleton on leather

effisk said:
yeah well, it makes me think twice before offering Tahiti pearls to my wife. Look what they could to to her! ;)

Hi Effisk,

Now that first video clip is funny! Not too long ago I read an article where they(?) did a study about women who wear pearls of a certain size(easily visible). Muggers and rapists said they were less likely to
attack this type of woman because, in the first ciminal's case, he found the woman to be the sort that projects a "don't mess with me, fool" kind of vibe. The second criminal said he was just plain turned off by a woman wearing pearls. Perhaps they were speaking of white Miki pearls? Maybe the Tahitian ones are different. The clip sort of reminded me of an American beer commercial.

Anyway, if a man was looking at anything round and bouncy near the vicinity of a woman's decolte, it surely wouldn't be her necklace.

Slraep

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Slraep,

Interesting that you mention that. I once read in a medical journal an article about a study of women and child abusers and the upshot was that pearls, the more real looking the better, were universally deterring to women and child abusers. Glittery jewelry was found to have the opposite effect.

Of the above video clips I strongly prefer the second one, although I am fairly sure that in the universe I typically inhabit Tahiti is not a Danube islet so Strauss may not have been the best music choice.

Zeide

Last edited by a moderator:
Zeide Erskine said:
Of the above video clips I strongly prefer the second one, although I am fairly sure that in the universe I typically inhabit Tahiti is not a Danube islet so Strauss may not have been the best music choice.
Whoever chose the music probably thought that Blue Danube was the closest match for Deep Blue... maybe they should have tried a ukulele version of it.

You should have been like me and watched the clips with the music off. I didn't know it was the Blue Danube playing! Not quite the right mix!

That's really interesting about the studies mentioned above. Must tell my husband to get me a strand of 16mm South Seas after all! Self protection - nothing to do with fashion, beauty, self-indulgence!

Yummy

Yummy

I know this thread is somewhat old, but I just found it. All I can say is those pearls look yummy on those boys!!

The links someone provided were interesting also. Makes me want to go out and buy a necklace like that with big fat Tahitian pearls. Was the their purpose? Well, it worked.

:eek:

Back