Suzanne Kalan Debuts Tahitian Pearl Capsule Collection for CPAA

Renowned jewelry designer Suzanne Kalandjian of Suzanne Kalan Jewelry has collaborated the Cultured Pearl Association of America (CPAA) to debut a Tahitian Pearl capsule collection, Suzanne Kalan x CPAA Tahitian Pearls. Kalandjian debuted the collection at the 2021 Couture jewelry show, and by day two, all the pieces had sold out. Jewels sold to major luxury merchants all over the world, and a list of more have all placed orders.

Thanks to support from the government of French Polynesia, CPAA worked with Kalan to feature Tahitian pearls in a collection of their own. Known for her innovative use of diamond baguettes, Kalan bought high-quality Tahitian pearls from a CPAA member dealer and created several pieces of Tahitian pearl jewelry to start. CPAA then photographed the finished jewels and conducted a video interview with Kalan in Los Angeles.
emerald_set.jpg - Suzanne Kalan's Tahitian Pearl Capsule Collection

“I’ve wanted to work with Tahitian pearls for a long time but wanted to do it when I had time to launch something significant,” explains Kalan. “Now is that time. In the last few years, there has definitely been a resurgence of black pearls in the market. In this collection, Tahitian pearls beautifully offset the sparkle of baguette diamonds, and I especially love emeralds next to the color of Tahitian pearls. What I love most about Tahitians are the undertones that are captured in the different lights they’re seen in—blue, green, purple, and pink. Tahitian pearls are also timeless, modern, classic, yet edgy and sexy.”
“CPAA creates wonderful bridges between jewelers and the Tahitian pearl,” says Clarisse D'Hervilly of French Polynesia’s Department of Marine Resources. “The 2021 Tahitian Pearl Capsule Collection with renowned jeweler Suzanne Kalan illustrates that perfectly. We are very pleased with this collaboration and the success of this collection. We hope to do more in the future.”

See Kalan’s video, produced by Jack Deutsch, at this link.

Back