Strand of cultured pearls needing identification

chrissiecal

HI all,
I am new to this forum. I have just inherited this strand of pearls from my mother. She was given them by dad on their thirtieth wedding anniversary (1978). I would like to identify the maker, if possible. Can anyone help, please?
pearl clasp 01.jpgpearl clasp 02.jpg

Hi chrissiecal,

I can't quite make out what it says on the clasp-- can you? Or maybe provide a closeup photo of the back of the clasp.

Are you planning to wear the pearls? They clearly were well-loved and worn, and would benefit from a good bath in mild soapy water followed by restringing. If you would like more information on how to do that we can help.

The company that made the clasp did not string the pearls. Very few pearl sellers make their own clasps. Only the big "name" companies like Mikimoto or Tiffany's would have their hallmark on their own clasp. Most companies that sell pearls buy their clasps from a company that makes clasps, so any hallmark would be of the clasp maker, not the necklace maker.

Therefore, it's impossible to tell you who made the necklace.

I agree that they need a good cleaning and restringing, and then enjoy wearing them!

Back