Stick pearls need restring, need advice.

A Breaker

I picked up these pearls because I love the color. I have not worked with these kind of pearls before, but they need to restringing, they at least need knots to keep them from squishing themselves up together and not laying flat. Their shapes get kind of tangled. Is there any other trick can get them to lay flat easily? (Not interested in fighting them every time I lean forward) Also will Serafil string support them and a rather largeish vintage brooch? (I am planning on pinning it to my shirt too.). I am
guessing they are dyed freshwater and were sold to be DIY.
IMG_8955.jpg
.)

They look as if they are drilled width-ways towards one end. The finished piece will look much more organised if you ensure that you place the pearls point down as you go along.

I've strung several strands of stick pearls. They will never lay flat when worn. They will always flip on you. Consider that as part of the design.

I strung one strand with seed beads between each pearl. It spaced the sticks out, but did not keep them from flipping when you wear them.

Another way to use them is to put a few (2 to 5) stick pearls in with a mixed strand of round pearls.

Thanks all!!! At least the knots will prevent the crowding that seems to be forcing them up more. Off to play with your Serafil...thanks again for selling it, Pattye!!!

Back