Sourcing findings for a Golden Snitch Pendant

ckrickett

I have been wanting to put this project together for a little while.

I want to recreate a golden snitch pendant, but instead of metal and plastic beads I wanted to use pearls and finer metals.

I finally found a GSSP that I will use and now I am trying to figure out the rest.
here is the pearl, it is drilled all the way through which can be good, or bad depending on how I lay out the necklace, and what findings are available.
$_57.jpg

options for the necklace

Option 1
il_570xN.246454530.jpg

separate wing charms attached to the bail of the pearl, free hanging. This style would be worn on a long chain.

Option 2
snitch01.jpg

Wings are affixed to the chain and the pearl is attached to the wings. Worn at 18 inches

Option 3
snitch02.jpg
this is a mix of options 1 and 2, probably worn at 18 inches

I need silver colored wings, so I am hoping for white gold. Issue is I need one right sided wing and one left sided wing, and thats hard to find. Plus if I do it like option one I'd need a head pin and maybe a bead cap. Unless someone has a better idea.

Thoughts?

Hi Krickett,
I love this idea..
I like option #1, but maybe it is better to not have metal dangling next to such a beautiful pearl in the long run.
Option #2 and #3 may be possible with something from Nina Designs.
http://www.ninadesigns.com/bali_bead_shop/jewelry_search/any/r/most_relevant/40/1?query=wings
It is a really great company, they sell high quality pieces and they are wonderful to work with.
None of these will be in white gold, but you could maybe have jump rings soldered in different places according to your designs, and then have them rhodium plated which will give the look of white gold.
I understand the issue of having left and right facing wings, I too have struggled with that.
I am not sure if this will be helpful, but Nina Designs popped in my mind when I saw your ideas.
Cheers< Sarah

I may have a sterling wing set that would work...will look in my archives and send you a message once I get home from Iceland! Pls send me an email to remind me....:)

Found a photo of a pendant I put together a while back...sterling silver wings...would this work?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 31
I'll measure the wings once I get back home and let you know, ckrickett. Katbran, as I recall, I just used a little iridescent glass bead to accent the very large Tahitian drop. It has been a few years since I put together the pendant, but I'm almost certain I have one of the silver wing findings left.

Sheri

Dear ckrickett,

In which country do you live? Maybe I have a source for you.

What a fun project. Keep posting pictures so we can see how it is going.

I have no recommendation for you ckrickett, just following the progress of your golden snitch pendant. :D

I'll measure the wings once I get back home and let you know, ckrickett. Katbran, as I recall, I just used a little iridescent glass bead to accent the very large Tahitian drop. It has been a few years since I put together the pendant, but I'm almost certain I have one of the silver wing findings left.

Sheri

Thank you. I will email you this weekend! I hope you are having fun. Looks like Clyde is! :)

Ooh I love this project - can't wait to see your golden snitch pendant!

Back