Sourcing findings for a Golden Snitch Pendant

Maybe you could find someone on etsy that does casting and already has a mold for wings. They can cast them for you in white gold.

I was actually getting ready t o post! I found some wing charms that are lovely, they are silver since my hunt for white gold wings was a dud.

I should be getting the rest of the findings soon so as soon as it is done I will post pictures!

Thanks! Since these wings are lighter and softer? than the other options I was looking at I may be able to go with my first option without scratching the pearl.

Weeeeee it is done! I may tweak the wire wrapping in the future, but it is done.

I was debating on chain length, but I just LOVE longer necklaces, so I went with a 30 inch chain.

FullSizeRender-89.jpg

Ooooooooooooo! Very very cool CK! I love the wings! Well done !! Only thing .. and it's a personal preference..maybe use slightly smaller jump rings? I quite like the jump rings to be close to the size of the chain link or just a tad bigger... NOT a criticism and I'm sure others will have a different opinion. But for some reason my eye is jumping to that ring and I think if it were a bit smaller it might look a bit more seamless at the connection?
That said I think it's wonderful and the wings you chose are quite perfect !! So happy your project is completed !!

I was thinking that too actually!
i don't have any small jump rings right now, but I need to order some, so when I get them i will change. glad I wasn't the only one thinking about that!

Love how this turned out! The wings are a wonderful compliment to that beautiful pearl!

I think yours is the prettiest and coolest Golden Snitch pendant I've ever seen, actually. I LOVE the highly stylized wings you found - they're PERFECT. Nice job, I hope you get to wear this for decades. It's really too cute!!!

Back