So I wish someone had warned me this was so addictive--my next attempts :)

s3rndpt

There is something soothing about knotting pearls. I've been practicing on a few cheaper, small strands of pink freshwaters. The one that has silver accents has been claimed by my 7-yr-old, and the other I've tossed in my etsy store just for the heck of it. These are knotted on the "Baby" color of Pattye's Beader's Secret. Again, many, many thanks for all the tutorials and advice here. I am having a great time playing around with this! I've got a few better-quality strands from Kongs Pearl on the way just to try a few more now :) MalisPearls.jpg PinkStrand2.jpgPinkStrand3.jpg

I also find it's very satisfying to have the competency to string my own pearls, wrap my own beads, replace or adjust my own findings. My daughter had a pair of clip on earrings that she would have gotten rid of this week were it not for me and my handy dandy pliers :rolleyes:.

Oh, and...good job there!

Your 7 year old has excellent taste, hehehe.

Good job on the knotting. I know, it's addicting. I keep restringing my pearls to different lengths and changing out clasps.

I also find stringing pearls addictive. You did a great job.

How sweet your seven year old is getting the pink strand! I'm sure she's delighted! I also find knotting soothing.

Really nice job! And for me, it is my meditation time. I love making jewelry, and I especially love stringing pearls. There is something about holding the shapes and looking at the colors, sorting them, rolling them around in your fingers...it reminds me of playing in my mother's jewelry drawer when I was a child.

Keep on stringing

Back