Silver or gold (vermeil) findings? Help me decide!

You hit the pearl jackpot. Now I wish I had some like yours. I'll just have to come and admire your beautiful photos. Great colors! :cool:

Thank you everyone! It's funny, I received SO many compliments yesterday on how I looked, some directly on the necklace, but a lot of people just saying "You look so pretty (or insert other complimentary word here) today!". I started to feel like I needed to wear that outfit/necklace everyday! (seriously, a bit like a movie star, it was getting a little ridiculous actually, but I enjoyed every word of course!) I appreciate all your kind words and compliments, I will definately be wearing it often :eek:

Love it with the vermeil clasp! I am sure you will be getting tons of wear from this strand.

Oooooh those are gorgeous! They look fabulous on you.

Also, LOVE that cardi! I love the whole look :)

Very nice, Maiakity.

Personally, I go with sterling silver because I don't trust vermeil not to wear off. But, I much prefer yellow gold. No fun, with gold prices so high. :(

Hi All!
I finally had the chance (and supplies) to restring these ripples with rose gold findings, and I love, love, love the way it came out!!! Thank you so much for the idea, and thanks again to the kind person who helped me out with some gimp for this, it really came out nice! I'm now on the hunt for more ripples :)

I paired them with some small, rose gold plated/CZ hoops, I think they looked quite nice. I really like the addition of the small rose gold beads, these pearls are quite large and they really needed that extra little something I think!

The layer of gold in good quality vermeil is much thicker than the layer in a plated base metal finding (or it should be) so it should not wear for years - I have a vermeil clasp worn two or three times a week at least and showing no sign of wear at all.

Oh, and only a very few left, so there's that anyway! I'm guessing some fellow beaders here grabbed them up!

As of now, they are down to 2 sets. I would have liked to have had one, I was just a little too late! (I am not fond of the colors on the 2 sets that are left.)

Back