Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Jeg, you crack me up! Plastic pop beads. ROFL That Pearls By The Bay strand is soooo beautiful!! I just love the colors & the go so well with other pearls & colorful outfits!

SydK, beautiful silver T's are always appropriate & a welcome site!!

Nice akoyas 86Corvettegirl. Hope the house hunting went well.
SydK, those silver tahitians are gorgeous.
Jeg, that mixed strand is stunning.

Charlotta, we did find one he really liked but it went under contract before we could put a bid in. House went under contract the day it went on the market. So we will keep looking.

Lol, the contrast between my “schlepping on the school run” pearls and Jeg’s perfectly paired dress and jewellery combo in the next post is hilarious. Just goes to show, pearls are always appropriate!

Ha! Pearls go with everything SydK. And I would never have known you were schlepping it had you not outed yourself!;)

LisaC. hope you are enjoying that new keshi strand of yours’!!

Thanks 86C and Charlotta! The strand has a fun combination of colors. I’ve been surprised at how many things it works with- clothes and pearls.

Don't log in very often but look at this wonderful thread regularly.
Love them all, ladies, love them all.

Glad you stopped by Happy Huku!

Andy Muller ropes with Tahitian and aquamarine earrings.
8EA6E4DA-2EB6-434F-856F-339188A22005.jpeg

B4B0A5CF-970E-4EE8-8CA5-AC15ED3868B4.jpg

You will find a house for your son eventually 86Corvettegirl, just keep looking.
Jeg those Muller strands are gorgeous.

Oh wow, the photos are coming so fast. I love them all. I can never pick a favorite.

All the blues. The Swan (from Pacific Pearls), and all my blue akoya strands (from PP). I positioned all the orbit clasps to make a design statement. Dyed blue drops with topaz hoops from Kojima.

E42854D2-B4F3-4C96-B488-632059D02125_1_201_a.jpg

Dyed freshwater drops drilled sideways. These were bead store pearls, and I just love the way they looked when they were temporarily strung, so I designed the necklace around that. They are much prettier in real life. For some reason the dyed surface dulls out in photos.

897F552A-EA74-4294-B9B0-A7898C3D8B57_1_201_a.jpg

My best pearls. My first akoya rope (the small pearls). My natural white Hanadama rope from PP. My birthday akoyas from Mom (the choker). It's over 60 years old and looks fantastic. White gold Mikimoto huggie earrings.

293F68A5-A669-416C-B67A-22801479D667_1_201_a.jpg

Lilypad ring from Kojima.

F5182A9D-3FBB-49DF-B93B-696B05CC235A_1_201_a.jpg

I'm not sure these two necklaces really go together, but I was in the mood for more of my best pearls. Ombre' tin-cup from Kojima. All-Josh 2019 Harvest strand from Kamoka. Summer Rainbow and Winter Snowman drop earrings. Now that I look at the photo, and think the two necklaces look fine together.

6D9748CE-DECA-41B5-BC9A-C75EC5BCE388_1_201_a.jpg

I had the tiniest bit of buyer's remorse after I bought the ombre' tin-cup because I've bought so many pearls this year. But I'm absolutely in love with it.

Last edited:
Syd - If you're going to Schlep ... Schlep with pearls ! Go Girl !

jeg - you have so many gorgeous pieces but that Kojima rope is so colourful, so beautiful ! It's one of my favourites - and those AM ropes... gorgeous !

BW - Take that tiny bit of buyers remorse and put it in a little box and lock it up ! That is a great strand - its gorgeous and so unique! It looks marvellous with that Tahitian strand ! And that Hanadama rope is really a show stopper ... it just glows !

Bweaves, you look gorgeous. So many amazing pearls. Don't feel bad about buying that amazing tincup, if you have sent it back you would probably had regretted it and never found one like it again.

Ahhh, early Sunday morning, cup of coffee, and beautiful pictures of everyone's gorgeous pearls . . . Doesn't get any better! <3

Too many gorgeous pearls to comment on each one, you all look amazing ladies!
BWeaves that ombre tin cup is the tin cup to rule them all...stunning!
Jeg I love love LOVE your dark tahitians, all the mystery and depth of black pearls just shining on your neck!
86C, happy to hear about your recovery and admiring your fantastic rope looks! Those green tahitians with blue akoyas and akoya rope... just dreamy...and the pastel tahitians necklace...so so lovely....
SydK your silver tahitians will light up any outfit, love them!
Frostme that bracelet is amazing!
Rianne love your tahitian floating pearl with rose gold, such a beautiful combination, well done!

Thank you, Charlotta, Katbran and eolian pearls!

BWeaves, that rope you created with those bead store pearls is really cool! Lots of interesting features.

Vintage coral beads with a tiny Japanese Akoya from Kojima. Worn with a strand of medium T’s, keshi earrings, and a silver blue pearl chain.
B357C7A0-1E69-42A2-8422-75F5B4D19625.jpeg

96E9DCCD-20F0-4674-92C8-3249879C3631.jpg

Love these photos!
Yes, I’m going nuts over my keishi necklace, so much so that of course it’s on my wrist! Each pearl is a mini-miracle. Happy sigh.

In fact a jeweler almost tipped off his stool trying to get a look at it as I entered the store. He’s helping out at my local jewelers as they close up shop, which is breaking my heart. Of course I’m embarrassed too, because I’ve bought nothing from them, but only wanted repair work, BUT never could afford. Without our online friends selling pearls.....I’d be bare-wristed. Bare-*ssed-nekkid.

what the jeweler saw, the luminous light through the cafeteria-Mom-COVID gloves. How’s that for glory. Happy sigh.
42409CCC-1BDA-4560-8C7A-261DC77EB9E4.jpg
The 21st century version of our Mothers’ white gloves....

and today’s earrings.
569B803F-3340-40C5-B99E-79D88A6CC635.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely combo Jeg. Lisa, those pearls just glow, even through the plastic gloves.
I’m a bit more put-together today :D - in light silver tahitian baroques with a freshwater pearl chain and fireball.
63152411-4F7B-4FF2-92C7-A71D5CA9FA07.jpg

Syd, your silvery Tahitians make me swoon every time. A strand of silver Ts is next on my list :)

Thanks, SydK, Lisa and BWeaves!

SydK, very pretty pairing of light Tahitians and fireball!

LisaC, how great it also fits around your wrist so you can enjoy that strand, gloves and all!

Pastel Tahitian pearls from Druzy, Fiji bracelet from PP, and a Caymanite carved fish I found at the National Museum on Grand Cayman.
A0EF4B84-78F8-4E1C-8B1E-799F95C86203.jpeg

9E7EBAA8-949F-4ABB-B650-629E29C2D520.jpg

Gorgeous pastel tahitians, jeg. Those kind of colors go with everything. I almost missed that fish, very nicely carved.
Lisa c, your new keshi strand is amazing and goes well with the earrings. I can see why you go nuts over them.
Pretty silver tahitians SydK. And that fireball is beautiful.

Back