Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Jeg, Love your Lei necklace. And the pairing with that beautiful T necklace is amazing. It looks like perfection with your dress !
I am in total awe of your new CFW purple and copper pearl necklace from Kojima. It is stunningly beautiful.

Lilpearl love the T necklaces together. The pairing is lovely and look so lovely on your skintone.

BWeaves Love your layering of the T necklaces. They look is dazzling together. The colors meld wonderfully together and with your shirt.

Jeg I just saw your Myanmar strands. Wow, gorgeous. Love the way they look together, and with that lovely grey jacket....excellence !! Both those strands are sublime !

SydK your pendant is very pretty and looks nice on you. Praying you, your family and all Aussies stay safe with the travesty of the fires. Keeping the firefighters and first responders in my prayers as well, as they risk their lives to fight the fires. True heroes. I believe I read some of our firefighters in AZ recently flew to Australia to help. Will be wishing for rain, for relief from both the temps and help with the fires. (I have distant family in Australia)

Thank you everyone!

Jeg and BWeaves, beautiful necklaces and so lustrous! So much variety, and so nice to be able to admire on this thread!

Sydk, beautiful pendant, and praying for Australia! Be safe!

Sydk, that's a gorgeous pendant. I was reading about the heat wave in Australia and the fires. All of a sudden my 85F temps in Florida don't seem so bad. I hope they can put out the fires. I can't even imagine that much heat. Stay safe.

I just got my second batch of pearls from Kojima. Feather pendant, and long South Sea and freshie tin-cup. Worn with my natural white Hanadama pearls, grey T-shirt and sweatpants. Hey-Oh! I'm sitting at home spinning wool on my new spinning wheel and staring at my new pearls.

F406B36D-723C-4CD0-95CD-708165AC9910_1_201_a.jpg

2386AD02-E673-4B46-B40E-916F9F17FE04_1_201_a.jpg

I don't know where this photo came from. It just uploaded. Akoyas (choker and small rope) and Hanadamas (long rope and studs). Handspun, handwoven wool shawl.

FDB4E022-3819-4C52-91D2-9903B6B0B9A0_1_201_a.jpg

Thanks everyone for your thoughts - I’m safe and sound from the fires here in the middle of the city, but even here the sky has been grey most of the month from smoke and the sun is a little red dot in the sky. It must be terrifying to be in a fire zone, let alone being a firefighter.

Cooler today, thank goodness, but I stayed with my lightweight pearls.
6AAEA960-47ED-4E48-AAEB-8EFA5C8A3044.jpeg
I also made a pineapple out of a lovely but slightly oddly shaped Tahitian I’ve had laying around for a while now. I’m not sure I’d get much wear from it, but I think my sister might like it - she’s not normally a pearl girl, but something quirky might appeal to her.
DDAB9033-588E-4412-A304-22F538044EA2.jpeg

The pineapple pearl is adorable. It's the perfect bail for that pearl. Love the two tone bracelet, too. I love the combo of black and white pearls.

Thanks, Katbran, AzFlyGirl, and lilpearl! Katbran, the Myanmar strands are multi-colored. Sorry, the pearls don’t show as well when I take photos wearing them.

Syd, I like the pineapple! I have a bail like that, too. I need to have the pearl changed out because right now it holds a MOP pearl.

More photos of the metallic freshwater strand from Pacific Pearls. Worn with a Kojima brooch that I slid over a Japanese fabric wrap bracelet.
9E384036-7099-4FAD-A154-7ABE245BCC75.jpg

3E34B393-5573-43A7-B3ED-D2B3B50D0CB4.jpeg

Worn with a mixed strand of Akoya, feather pearls and freshwater pearls, and a silver Tahitian rope from Kojima.
3EFF1F8F-7593-4BDA-A708-B5139DF962CA.jpeg

061B1EA2-5277-4F69-B2EF-45FA473A4E60.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Jeg.........that CFW strand is gorgeous. It just pops. It looks stunning with the purple top you were wearing. It is a beacon. :D

It works well with the other 2 necklaces you paired with it, as well. Oh so pretty.......and my smile of the day !!

The brooch is so pretty on that bracelet - how wonderfully creative you are!

Thank you, Charlotta! Your new pearls are beautiful, as well!

I love this metallic strand from Pacific Pearls! The flashes of color running through it work with all my pearls and clothes. Wearing it with a mixed Kojima rope and another flower brooch from Kojima. This one is larger than the brooch I wore on the bracelet. I’m wearing it on my mom’s wool swing coat from the 50’s.
AF1F19D8-4E25-4ECA-B190-687A18148ECA.jpeg

1A277BE6-0947-4711-B36A-0FB8751D412D.jpg

682326B0-1755-43EC-9FB3-0BF56DB06020.jpg

That coat is gorgeous Jeg, it looks like it's in great condition. The metallics probably goes with all colors, since they change color depending on the light and surroundings. I have some metallic edisons that does that, both in my rainbow strand and in my edison huggies. It's so fascinating looking at them.

Thanks so much Charlotta. My mom gave me a couple of her coats several years ago. I like the old style fit. Yes, the metallics have such an interesting play of colors. I tend to wear freshwater pearls more in Spring/summer, but these work with my fall/winter clothes, too.

Back